Public Relations Intern
College Recruiting/Internships | New York, NY | Full Time and Internship
CollegeHumor Media, home to the award-winning comedy website CollegeHumor.com, is looking for a Public Relations Intern to work full time during the Summer 2013. This internship will provide the opportunity to work directly with the head of PR at CollegeHumor Media on day-to-day public relations activities and administrative duties, as well as long-term strategic projects, applying course learnings to actual PR and promotional campaign management. Please note this internship is for college credit only.
Here are a few things you will participate in as a PR intern at CollegeHumor Media:
- Join CollegeHumor’s head of PR in meetings and brainstorming sessions for upcoming projects
- Collaborate with members of all internal departments including executives, producers and editors
- Track the progress of PR campaigns, closely monitoring press impressions and creating reports to showcase CollegeHumor’s media presence
- Gain insight into trends and developments in online media and technology, and use this along with knowledge of print, television and broadcast media outlets to identify potential new press targets
- Learn how to write and edit communications materials including executive and cast bios, briefing documents and press releases
- Find out how to identify appropriate bloggers and draft pitches that will secure online media coverage for CollegeHumor original content, projects, programs and events
- Gather information and help prepare materials needed for interview requests and speaking opportunities for CollegeHumor Media executives
- Learn how a PR team keeps organized by helping to maintain detailed press contact database and pitch lists
- Join CollegeHumor reps onsite at television interviews and events such as CollegeHumor Live shows
- Gain a broader perspective of the online media world through “IAC U” sessions to help you learn from other exciting internet businesses
This internship is a perfect place to get a first-hand look at the business of online media while working in a fast-paced and fun-loving office. Ideal applicants must be detail-oriented, and possess a positive attitude, sense of humor, professional phone manner, strong computer (Word & Excel) and research skills, and knowledge of and affinity for the website and brand. An interest in media, entertainment and popular culture is also a must.
Interns must be available to work full time Monday-Friday in our Manhattan office. This is an unpaid internship. All applicants must be currently enrolled in school and receive college credit for the internship. Additionally, credit certification proof must be provided during the interview process.
Please submit both a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the internship and how it might relate to your coursework in school.
ABOUT COLLEGEHUMOR MEDIA:
CollegeHumor Media, an operating business of IAC, is a multi-media, multi platform studio comprised of three website properties—CollegeHumor, Dorkly and SportsPickle—a long-form TV development division and a film production division. A leading entertainment company targeting people ages 18-49, CollegeHumor Media has created original content that has been viewed more than three billion times. Founded in 1999 with the launch of CollegeHumor.com, the brand delivers daily comedic content online through videos, pictures, articles and jokes, both created and curated by the CollegeHumor staff. CollegeHumor Media attracts more than 15 million unique users per month and generates more than 100 million video views per month, and the brand has expanded into apparel and other forms of entertainment including film, television, books and live comedy shows. For more information, visit www.chmedia.com or www.collegehumor.com, and follow CollegeHumor on Twitter @CollegeHumor.