Production | Los Angeles, CA | Internship
COLLEGEHUMOR ORIGINALS/ELECTUS DIGITAL
To provide interns with a unique, hands-on production experience and cultivate a new generation of CollegeHumor Originals/Electus Digital personnel.
Interns work alongside the CollegeHumor Originals/Electus Digital Production team, preparing for shoots, helping on set and wrapping finished projects. For individuals with a strong interest in the process of production for television and the web, it’s a great fit. Interns ultimately report to the Production Manager as well as Producers and Coordinators on a project-to-project basis. Interns will regularly interact with all production personnel, including but not limited to: directors, art, camera, grip/electric, hair/makeup, and sound.
A typical day of pre-production could include:
- Assisting casting sessions
- Maintaining online databases including casting, locations, and others
- Researching and securing camera, production, and grip/lighting equipment
- Breaking down scripts for shooting
- Reviewing and reporting on industry trends
- Preparing paperwork for upcoming shoots
A typical day of production could include:
- Learning about the inner workings of the lighting, camera, art, and other departments
- Maintaining an orderly set
A valid driver’s license is required.
A background in production or related major is preferred but not required.
Two consistent days or more a week: 10am-6pm on pre-production days, while hours are variable on production days, depending on schedule. Please only apply if you can commit 2 consistent full-days per week.
This is a paid internship for up to 40 hours per week (minimum wage). Students may also receive college credit in addition to pay.