Marketing | New York, NY | Internship
Are you a fan of collegehumor.com, the internet, new media, apps and the whole shebang? Because as it so happens, we are looking for someone resourceful, organized, focused and driven, who spends way too much time on the web, so that they can spend even more time on the web. Are you this awesome person?
As a paid Marketing Intern, you will learn about all of the behind-the-scenes work that keeps CollegeHumor.com and Dorkly.com thriving and successful. Generally speaking, you will:
- Learn how to use Google Analytics and other web analytics tools to compile and trend site and content performance
- Brainstorm creative new ways to grow and retain audience
- Learn how to package and syndicate content through our distribution platforms
- Become (re)acquainted with the lingo and protocol of the interwebz
- Ideate activations for ad sales campaigns
- Learn how to promote individual pieces of content
- Keep up with general trends in online media and technology
- Familiarize yourself with basic SEO-oriented editorial practices
You'll need to be very detail oriented and responsible. You'll also need to demonstrate a strong interest in media and entertainment, and be very familiar with all things tech, pop and nerdy internet cultures. Extra points if you’ve ever had to use Facebook power editor. You must be free 40 hours a week.
Please submit both a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the internship and how it might relate to your professional goals. Apply at www.iac.com/careers
CollegeHumor Media, comprised of CollegeHumor.com, Jest.com, Dorkly.com, SportsPickle.com, and several syndication partnerships, is a leading online entertainment company targeting a core audience of people ages 18-49. Founded by two high school friends, CollegeHumor Media delivers daily comedic content, including videos, pictures, articles and jokes, created and/or curated by the CollegeHumor staff. CollegeHumor Media attracts more than 15 million monthly uniques and generates more than 100 million video views per month (Nielsen/Net Ratings) with popular sketches such as "Jake and Amir," "Very Mary Kate" and "Troopers." CollegeHumor Media provides online advertisers across a variety of categories with an efficient vehicle for reaching multiple desirable demographics.