Marketing Data Analyst
Data/Analytics | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Marketing Data Analyst
Reports to: Vice President, Head of Subscriber Acquisition and Retention, CollegeHumor
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Electus is the first integrated studio to unite producers, creators, advertisers and distributors under one roof and produce all forms of content across broadcast, cable, digital, OTT and various emerging technologies. Electus Digital, the digital creative and distribution arm of Electus, specializes in creating entertaining content across comedy, gaming, and animation categories, and provides full-service branded and third party creative services. It is comprised of CollegeHumor, the #1 Most Viewed Comedy Channel on YouTube, Dorkly and emerging animation brand, Drawfee.
A key Electus video segment will be launching a new premium Subscription Video On Demand brand in the coming year. The Marketing Data Analyst is responsible for creating and owning dashboards and business performance reports for the marketing funnel and subscription KPIs including business performance, impact, and trending analysis. This person is adept at drawing insights from data and those insights will be shared and acted on at all levels of the company but especially the Marketing team and will be a numbers-driven voice of reason to help profitability launch and scale the critical SVOD initiative for Electus.
The Marketing Data Analyst position is an exciting growth opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset, a keen analytical mind and strong presentation skills. The role is based in our New York, NY office.
- Lead reporting and analysis for key lifecycle marketing metrics, including trial and paid customers, retained customers and churn rates
- Own the subscription acquisition and retention forecast model for tracking, budgeting and planning purposes
- Manage the measurement upper and lower funnel media spend on subscriber growth, revenue and retention rates
- Build customer segmentation and cohort analyses to identify top customers and prospective top customers for the Marketing team to target
- Own traffic source analysis across marketing channels
- Conduct research and competitive analysis within the SVOD and content tech space
- Access data through internal and external reporting and business intelligence tools
- Summarize and circulate key findings in presentations, email, slack and project management software
- Research and test new and emerging tools/services to facilitate their work
- 2+ years of direct and hands-on data analysis for a direct-to-consumer data-centric marketing company.
- A basic understanding of the paid media/e-commerce marketing funnel a must.
- Experience with subscription products is a plus
- Understanding of database structures and data mining techniques preferred
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Understanding of A/B and Multivariate testing techniques and measurements
- Knowledge of key digital marketing KPIs (CPC/CACs, LTRs, etc.) preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics, Parse.ly or other online metrics package a must
- Some experience with business intelligence software such as Tableau, Domo, Qlikview, GoodData, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Strong written and oral communication / presentation skills
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Superior analytical skills and resourceful problem solver
- Self-starter and team player
- Passion for comedy a strong plus