Manager, Paid Social and Audience Development
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Manager of Paid Social and Audience Development, CollegeHumor
Department: Electus Digital
Reporting to: Vice President, Marketing, CollegeHumor
Location: New York, NY
Electus is a next-generation studio enabling premium content creators to engage with advertising and technology partners at the inception of the creative process and partner on the finished product across a global and multi-platform distribution model.
Electus Digital, the digital creative and distribution arm of Electus, specializes in creating entertaining content for digital, TV, and film platforms across comedy, music, gaming, food and urban lifestyle categories, and provides full-service branded and third party creative production services. It is comprised of website properties CollegeHumor.com and Dorkly.com, YouTube Channels CollegeHumor, Dorkly, Drawfee, and Big Breakfast, the studio behind all Electus Digital video content, as well as a developer of long-form TV properties for Electus proper (including TruTV’s Adam Ruins Everything and MTV’s Middle of the Night Show).
The Electus Digital Marketing team is looking for an all-star digital marketer with experience managing direct response paid social media campaigns to drive traffic, ad impressions, lead gen and subscriptions.
Reporting directly to our Vice President, Marketing, you’ll be the Paid Marketing Wizard, expertly developing advertising and subscription focused campaigns to achieve business KPIs, all while optimizing for efficiency and effective performance.
- Manage the day-to-day bidding and optimization for CollegeHumor, Dorkly and Drawfee Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Design and execute successful paid social campaigns to achieve the goals of our advertising clients including working with internal teams to traffic creative assets, tracking tags, and copy
- Develop strategy and implement tactics to achieve core business objectives for lead gen, traffic growth, and e-commerce
- Test new advertising channels to drive growth
- Establish and track paid attribution
- Manage the day to day execution of CollegeHumor, Dorkly and Drawfee’s newsletter efforts
- Aid in fine-tuning our overall paid social strategy and budget planning/management process
- Manage media budgets and agency relationship for our consumer subscription platform
- Communicate paid performance across all campaigns and share insights
- Be on the pulse of new trends and changes to identify new paid traffic sources, and opportunities for expansion
- BA with minimum 4 years of experience in a digital marketing capacity and 2-3 years focused on direct response paid social
- Deep knowledge of digital campaign bid types, metrics, and analysis (CPM, CPC, CPA and ROAS) and ad targeting
- Strong analytical skills and extremely comfortable with Excel
- Experience with Google Analytics, or similar digital analytics tracking tool a must
- In-depth knowledge of native social platforms ad interfaces (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest Snap) and tracking mechanisms (pixels, Doubleclick, Google Tag Manager)
- Experience with growth testing and A/B testing
- Knowledge of the user journey and with engagement data
- Ability to multi-task, self-manage, and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM a plus
- Passion for comedy a strong plus