Administrative | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
The Executive Assistant position is an exciting opportunity for a unique and talented individual with an interest in entertainment who would like to gain exposure to the development and production of content across all linear and digital platforms. We are looking for someone who can not only provide solid and consistent administrative support but also have the ability to accomplish and respond quickly to tasks and demands. The successful applicant must be highly skilled, confident, detail oriented, passionate about getting things done, and excellent at problem solving.
- Provide all administrative support which involves prioritizing to meet strict deadlines.
- Read high volume of scripts, watch high volume of content, and provide written coverage
- Organize development office and keep updated account of development materials
- Prepare materials for pitch meetings
- Keep a pulse on comedy scenes both in NY and LA. This may include scouting comedy shows when requested, sometimes in the evening or weekends.
- Create a daily roundup of comedy news in the media from various entertainment publications
- Manage calendars and scheduling of all meetings, events, and conference calls according to levels of importance.
- Oversee arrangements of travel and other accommodations, including comprehensive and detailed itineraries.
- Serve as department assistant to other key department members.
- Handle heavy volume of incoming and outgoing calls, email, and mail; keep detailed legal records and logs of calls when needed.
- Be versed in dealing and interacting with high caliber executives and representatives from various industries.
- Act as liaison with all internal and external offices. Greet and retrieve visitors from lobby when necessary.
- Handle any accounts payable involving reconciling, submitting and tracking expense reports.
- Maintain accurate databases electronically to include address books, files, and contacts.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail and UPS shipments.
- Track industry news and articles and report back to executives when requested
- Assist with errands, award submissions, special projects, and general office administrative duties.
- Plan and execute special and recurring events including everything from organizing screenings to ordering and setting up weekly breakfast buffet.
- Assist with office errands, award submissions, special projects, and general office and administrative duties
- Assist with special Big Breakfast projects when needed.
- 1+ years of administrative assistance experience in a similar environment.
- A strong interest in working on the business side of entertainment - please note this is not a path to a writer/performer role within Big Breakfast/CollegeHumor
- Strict and continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with Photoshop a plus
- Must possess interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated positivity, poise, tact, judgment, and diplomacy.
- Work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Capacity to handle confidential and sensitive information.