Email & Retention Marketing Manager
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Manager, Email & Retention Marketing
Reports to: Vice President, Head of Subscriber Acquisition and Retention, CollegeHumor
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Electus is the first integrated studio to unite producers, creators, advertisers and distributors under one roof and produce all forms of content across broadcast, cable, digital, OTT and various emerging technologies. Electus Digital, the digital creative and distribution arm of Electus, specializes in creating entertaining content across comedy, gaming, and animation categories, and provides full-service branded and third party creative services. It is comprised of CollegeHumor, the #1 Most Viewed Comedy Channel on YouTube, Dorkly and emerging animation brand, Drawfee.
A key Electus video segment will be launching a new premium Subscription Video On Demand brand in the coming year. The Marketing Data Analyst is responsible for creating and owning dashboards and business performance reports for the marketing funnel and subscription KPIs including business performance, impact, and trending analysis. This person is adept at drawing insights from data and those insights will be shared and acted on at all levels of the company but especially the Marketing team and will be a numbers-driven voice of reason to help profitability launch and scale the critical SVOD initiative for Electus.
The Email & Retention Marketing Manager will help shape our customer life cycle marketing program for our SVOD efforts. Reporting directly to our Vice President, Head of Subscriber Acquisition and Retention, you’ll lead our email marketing program from end-to-end and play an integral role in customer acquisition, retention and loyalty initiatives. This position involves both strategy and hands-on execution, giving you the opportunity to be a thought leader and roll up your sleeves to act.
- The candidate is familiar with marketing automation and has the ambition to build a highly reactive, customer-centric marketing organization.
- The candidate ideally comes from a subscription content or product background.
- Content experience is a plus. A comedy fan is key.
- This position reports to the VP, Head of Subscriber Acquisition and Retention.
- Develop and manage our personalization and segmentation strategy to innovate on how we connect with our customers
- Design a digital communication strategy across channels, and on platform
- Manage our email communications calendar and identify opportunities to engage customers at key points into their lifecycle and based on their customer profile
- Develop and continually refine our email marketing strategy to increase revenue, reduce churn, win back lapsed customers, and increase customer engagement
- Monitor metrics and analytics of campaigns to garner insights on consumer behavior to drive actionable next steps
- Deploy scalable A/B testing to extract maximum ROI from retention marketing
- Help drive customer awareness for new content, upcoming product releases, and additions to our scientific team
- Has fun pouring over data sets, building cohorts and segments to create relevant, fun and engaging campaigns for customers
- Constantly stay informed with best in class retention practices, including 1:1 personalization, triggers, email deliverability, to send frequency, to subject line best practices and best-in-class creative approaches
- Develop tools to measure and forecast churn, retention, and subscription conversion performance
- A Bachelor's Degree and 5 years’ experience in digital media/e-commerce experience/mobile marketing
- Must be proficient in HTML or have a strong desire to learn
- Experience managing and working within an ESP/CRM platform(s)
- Experience working with and/or managing loyalty programs is strongly preferred
- A proven track record to multi-task and prioritize ongoing projects
- Love executing a project from start to finish