Email Marketing Manager
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Email Marketing Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Head of Subscriber Acquisition and Retention, CollegeHumor
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Electus is the first integrated studio to unite producers, creators, advertisers and distributors under one roof and produce all forms of content across broadcast, cable, digital, OTT and various emerging technologies.
Electus Digital, the digital creative and distribution arm of Electus, specializes in creating entertaining content across comedy, gaming, and animation categories, and provides full-service branded and third party creative services. It is comprised of CollegeHumor, the #1 Most Viewed Comedy Channel on YouTube, Dorkly and emerging animation brand, Drawfee.
A key Electus segment will be launching a new premium Subscription Video-On-Demand brand this year. The Email Marketing Manager will help shape our customer lifecycle marketing program for our subscription platform.
Reporting directly to our Vice President, Head of Subscriber Acquisition and Retention, you’ll lead our email marketing program from end-to-end and play an integral role in customer acquisition, retention and loyalty initiatives. This position involves both strategy and hands-on execution, giving you the opportunity to be a thought leader and roll up your sleeves to act.
- The candidate is familiar with marketing automation and has the ambition to build a highly reactive, customer-centric marketing organization.
- The candidate ideally comes from a subscription content or product background.
- Content experience is a plus. A comedy fan is key.
- Design and manage our email communications calendar and identify opportunities to engage customers at key points into their lifecycle and based on their customer profiles
- Test, execute, and maintain email marketing programs for subscriber acquisition, content promotion, and retention programs
- Develop our personalization and segmentation strategy to innovate on how we connect with our customers
- Continually refine our email marketing strategy to increase revenue, reduce churn, win back lapsed customers, and increase customer engagement
- Monitor metrics and analytics of campaigns to garner insights on consumer behavior to drive actionable next steps
- Deploy scalable A/B testing to extract maximum ROI from marketing efforts
- Stay informed with best in class retention practices, including 1:1 personalization, triggers, email deliverability, to send frequency, to subject line best practices and best-in-class creative approaches
- A Bachelor's Degree and 5 years’ experience in digital media/e-commerce experience/mobile marketing
- Must be proficient in HTML or have a strong desire to learn
- Experience managing and working within an ESP/CRM platform(s)
- Experience working with and/or managing retention or loyalty programs is preferred
- A proven track record to multi-task and prioritize ongoing projects
- Love executing a project from start to finish