College Recruiting/Internships | New York, NY | Part Time and Internship
Do you love the Internet? Have you ever thought about designing for it? The CollegeHumor design team is looking for a Summer 2013 open-minded, pixel-perfect, organized and driven designer who is a) interested in learning about what it’s like to design for the web and b) OK with being occasionally rick-rolled by their coworkers. If that sounds like you, great! Read on.
As a Design Intern, you will learn how and why CollegeHumor looks as awesome as it does. You’ll also get a great look at what the design team’s day-to-day tasks are like, as well as be assigned a project or two of your own. Overall, you will:
- Join CollegeHumor’s design team in meetings and brainstorming sessions for upcoming projects,
- Collaborate with members of all internal departments on a wide variety of design projects including editors, sales planners and product developers,
- Perform exercises from a workbook created by the Design team that will provide insight on trends, developments, and standards in interactive design,
- Navigate around and create assets for sales campaigns,
- Devise competitive analyses for upcoming or current projects,
- Test and critique features on CollegeHumor before they go live,
- Apply what you’ve learned in your courses to tasks within a real-life application of the design team’s operations,
- Gain a broader perspective of online media through “IAC U” which helps you learn from other exciting internet businesses.
This internship is the perfect opportunity to get a first-hand look at designing for online media while working in a fast-paced and fun-loving office. Ideal applicants will be well versed in the Adobe Creative Suite and currently studying a design-related discipline. They should be detail-oriented and possess a positive attitude, sense of humor, professional email etiquette as well as a knowledge of and affinity for the CollegeHumor website and brand. An interest in media, entertainment and popular culture is also a must. Extra points if you’ve ever designed a website, whether it’s a live one or just a concept.
Interns must be available to work 2-3 days a week Monday-Friday in our Manhattan office. Please include the exact days and times you are available. This is an unpaid internship. All applicants must be currently enrolled in school and receive college credit for the internship. Additionally, credit certification proof must be provided during the interview process.
Please submit both a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the internship and how it might relate to your coursework in school.
ABOUT COLLEGE HUMOR:
CollegeHumor Media, comprised of CollegeHumor.com, Jest.com, Dorkly.com, SportsPickle.com, and several syndication partnerships, is a leading online entertainment company targeting a core audience of people ages 18-49. Founded by two high school friends, CollegeHumor Media delivers daily comedic content, including videos, pictures, articles and jokes, created and/or curated by the CollegeHumor staff. CollegeHumor Media attracts more than 15 million monthly uniques and generats more than 100 million video views per month (Nielsen/Net Ratings) with popular sketches such as "Jake and Amir," "Very Mary Kate" and "Troopers." CollegeHumor Media provides online advertisers across a variety of categories with an efficient vehicle for reaching multiple desirable demographics.