Assistant Production Accountant
Finance/Accounting | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
College Humor is currently seeking an Assistant Production Accountant. This role will manage the production expense process for our online video production units and report to the Production Accountant. This role is ideal for those who are looking to utilize their keen eye for detail and excellent time management skills to gain a greater understanding of the business side of interactive media production.
- Process weekly production payroll including setting up new hires and processing time cards
- Cost tracking, coding, and processing invoices and payments
- Perform audits of production credit cards and petty cash receipts
- Data entry of all expenses, production costs, and T&E reports
- Assist with financial month end close and daily accounting activity on tight deadlines
- Special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested by the Production Accountant
- Liaise with production staff to resolve questions, especially with regards to payroll
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting related major preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant production accounting or accounting internship experience
- Interest in working in the online comedy production space
- A detail orientated, multi-tasking, work approach
- Discipline and skills required to prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience working with MS Excel a must
- Experience working with production payroll including Vista and Entertainment Partners a plus
- A fundamental understanding of the production business
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Note: This is strictly a production accounting role. Submissions to other areas including acting, writing, and on-set duties will be disregarded as they are not part of this position.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume.