Assistant - HR
Human Resources | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: HR Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Work schedule: 9 am to 6 pm
Exemption status: Non Exempt
We are currently seeking a HR Assistant to join the Human Resources Department of IAC, headquartered in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York. This individual will provide general administrative support to the Director, HR and other HR team members as well handling a variety of other HR and payroll duties.
- Coordinate and reconcile bi-weekly payroll for IAC Corporate and several other IAC businesses.
- Maintain weekly, quarterly and monthly reporting such as department time off, headcount reports, and organizational charts.
- Support HR team with various on boarding and off boarding duties.
- Assist the HR team with special projects when needed.
- Check the general HR line voice mailbox on a daily basis and follow up on all inquiries/messages.
- Provide back-up support to the Recruiting Coordinator on an as needed basis.
- Answer phones, and handle all incoming inquiries.
- Greet candidates and other visitors.
- Sort through all incoming mail.
- Manage calendars and scheduling of all meetings, conference calls, interviews, etc. for Director, HR and HR Department.
- Reconcile, submit, and keep track of expense reports and invoices for both HR and the recruitment teams.
- Set up all travel arrangements and car services.
- Order all HR office supplies.
- Handle all UPS shipments (sending and tracking).
- Update contact lists and distribute accordingly.
- File all HR related paperwork (i.e. employee timesheets, benefits materials, applications).
- Track and plan department specific events and celebrations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Polished and proactive individual with previous administrative experience, preferably two to three years, in an office environment; exposure to dealing with confidential or sensitive information required.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills. Strict attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Highly visible position entails interaction with VIPs.
- Very strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Suite software (Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel).
- High level of resourcefulness and strong team player.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Solid communication and writing skills.