Assistant Editor (Staff)
Production | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
This is a full time assistant editing position for Big Breakfast/CollegeHumor. We are not looking for a writer or performer who is an editor or AE on the side, but rather someone with an appreciation for comedy who is pursuing a professional career in post production.
This position will ingest and transcode media, prep projects in Adobe Premiere, assist editors with accomplishing notes and outputting cuts, and assist in managing all media and archives for Big Breakfast/CollegeHumor. We are looking for someone with experience as an AE, who is hardworking, detail-oriented, and well versed in a variety of post production software and hardware.
- Receive and ingest footage from set
- Scan for and recognize technical issues with the footage and alert Post Production Supervisor and Systems Engineer to these issues
- Troubleshoot any technical problems
- Transcode footage to various codecs as necessary
- Prepare projects for edit by logging and syncing footage, making selects, and creating string-outs or assemblies
- Oversee the hard drive check-in and check-out process for production and post, and as well as the overall organization of our drive library
- Under the supervision of Post Supervisor and Post Systems Engineer, archive completed projects to LTO, as well as oversee restores of archived projects from tape as needed
- Train interns and freelance assistant editors on our workflow
- When necessary, address notes, output cuts, and other editorial tasks
- Assist with department related projects as assigned
- Keep skills up to date to continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and best practices to maximize creativity and efficiency
- Must be able to work in our West Hollywood office Monday-Friday during normal business hours
- Required Knowledge: expert with Adobe Premiere, LTO5 and LTO7 workflows, a good knowledge of editing with networked drive volumes
- Additional Perks: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, ProTools
- Expert understanding of video codecs and working with various media workflows, including 4K and RED footage
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and independently
- Strong understanding of digital post production workflow
- Can work positively and collaboratively with editors, producers, directors, etc.
- Great organizational skills (both with media management & personally)
- Comedic sensibility a plus