Information Technology and Network Services | New York, NY | Full Time
CollegeHumor Media: Senior Interactive Designer
New York, NY
CollegeHumor is seeking an ambitious, well-rounded Interactive Designer with strong visual and graphic design skills. You need to think like a user, be passionate about design and excited to create interfaces and iterate through features that impact millions of people. You will work on a number of large high profile, high-traffic websites including CollegeHumor and Dorkly as well as contribute to a number of internal tools and services. Collectively our sites reach over 15 million users every month. This role will report into the product development team at CollegeHumor Media.
- Implement designs for new site features according to existing design standards and style guide.
- Create entirely new and original designs for new initiatives.
- Convert layouts and wireframes into pixel-perfect Photoshop mockups.
- Strive for the best user experience possible while adhering to principles of visual design.
- Effectively communicate your thought process and justify your work.
- Manage our sales-focused Designer and ultimately own the process between Design and our sales support team and other departments.
- Be ready and willing to handle overflow of sales or other design work at any given time.
- Insure and take ownership of brand integrity across all departments and various media.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in web or graphic design.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Strong sense of design, layout, typography and branding for the web.
- Experience working on a site that uses a responsive design is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, web technologies and their strengths/limitations.
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and a self-starter.
- Experience working on a team that uses Agile methods of project management is a plus.
- Thrive in a deadline driven environment and comfortable wearing many hats in a fast-paced, creative and flexible environment.
To be considered, please send a resume and online portfolio URL.