Ad Sales/National Sales/Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Account Executive
Location: New York City
Business: Electus Digital
Electus Digital, the digital creative and distribution arm of Electus, specializes in creating entertaining content for digital, TV, and film platforms across comedy, music, gaming, food and urban lifestyle categories, and provides full-service branded and third party creative production services. It is comprised of website propertiesCollegeHumor.com, Dorkly.com and WatchLOUD.com, YouTube Channels CollegeHumor, Dorkly, WatchLOUD, Nuevon and Hungry, and Big Breakfast, the studio behind all Electus Digital video content, as well as a developer of long-form TV properties for Electus proper (including TruTV’s Adam Ruins Everything and MTV’s Middle of the Night Show).
We have an opening for a critical role on our team, Account Executive, Advertising Sales. The Account Executive is a key Ad Sales role, responsible in aggressively growing existing partnerships and uncovering new business. The role presents an opportunity to develop an understanding of the sales process and the passion to advocate on behalf of Electus Digital Media.
The Account Executive has a proven track record of success selling online media at a prominent digital publisher; is an energetic self-starter with a consultative sales approach and is pro-active in driving revenue and increasing the client base. The ideal candidate possesses a proven ability to plan, develop, and implement online sales strategies, and has a successful track record of meeting sales goals. The ideal candidate is results-driven with strong analytical and creative skills and is committed to creating new advertising opportunities.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain an account list while meeting annual revenue goals
- Develop sales strategies, manage the sales process from prospect identification through close of sale and account renewal, as well as generate creative, on-target ideas and see them through from inception to execution
- Engage and strategize with agencies and clients to determine their business needs and formulate ad sales programs
- Collaborate on development and positioning for branded content and actively engage clients and agency partners with solutions
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships by conducting face to face sales meetings and client entertainment
- Proactively communicate account forecasts and sales information to sales management
- Assume campaign ownership to ensure full delivery and proper pacing of advertising campaign
- Effectively advocate Programmatic marketplace solutions and ability to position value of data enabled inventory
- 2 - 4 years digital media sales experience
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships
- Ability to leverage branded content, social, video and data marketplace
- High level of understanding of media and data tools, DMPs, DSPs, DART, comScore, etc.
- High degree of self-motivation and work well both as an individual and within a team environment
- Solid team-building skills, excellent communication, analytical, time management and presentation skills
- Sharp, detail-oriented, thorough and assertive
- Customer focused with a demonstrated track record of developing successful account relationships
- High-energy individual who thrives in a start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree