SQL Database Developer
Phoenix Financial Services | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Phoenix Financial is a results-oriented revenue cycle management firm powered by data driven analytics and backed by the highest standards in regulatory compliance, quality assurance, data security and customer care. Our nationally licensed team specializes in expediting the recovery of medical and student loans, as well as tax and government obligations. With over $500 million in successful account resolutions, we pride ourselves on using proven capabilities and resources to achieve a win-win resolution for all parties in the account management to recovery process.
We have over 15 years of expertise in providing exceptional service and debt recovery results while upholding our values of integrity, honesty, discipline, industriousness, compliance, attitude and at the heart of it all, family. We are committed to our mission of helping our clients achieve the best viable solutions for debt repayment. We also provide debtors with the right tools to close the door on what can be a stressful revenue recovery process.
We are seeking a seasoned and experienced individual for our SQL Database Developer position. The successful candidate will be a database specialist with the ability to develop and maintain systems to store, organize, and access data. This is a highly technical role that incorporates aspects of computer programming, software engineering, and data architecture and management to support data access and information security.
Qualifications & Experience
The individual will be expected to:
- Write and optimize SQL statements for EDI and data analytics including data access and retention
- Design and implement process automation via SSIS and C#.
- Design and implement reports via SSRS and VB.net
- Perform regular database management duties including backups and audits to ensure that SQL databases remain accessible, secure, and stable
- Troubleshoot databases and applications to ensure that the database systems and access programs meet the end-user’s specifications and requirements
- Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies
- Recommends and provide guidance regarding data integration and database development, T-SQL best practices, and standards to the development team members as needed
- Manage data and log files to ensure that they are stored separately, eliminate any instances of file or index fragmentation, and check for data corruption
- Gather requirements and specifications from end-users to gain familiarity with their specific SQL and data management needs
- Develop and scale SQL databases based on company needs
- Propose and develop new methodologies and institute best practices to further enhance database performance
- Ensure compliance with data privacy policies and maintain confidentiality of client data
- Knowledge of data management principles and best practices in order to properly store, migrate, and structure data for multiple applications
- Ability to write complex operations, scripts, and triggers to support database access and address software bugs
- Familiarity with server development and maintenance for troubleshooting and data migration tasks
- Excellent problem-solver with the ability to isolate and resolve database issues and maintain access and data integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Focused on efficiency in handling and accessing data and performing routine maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as computer science, software engineering, etc.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA
- 3-5 years of experience in database development
- Advanced knowledge of SQL including complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries) and best practices
- Advanced knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
- Working knowledge and experience in online transactional (OLTP) processing and analytical processing (OLAP) databases and schemas
- Experience integrating data from structured and unstructured formats: flat files, XML, EDI, JSON, EXCEL
- Experience with index design and SQL performance tuning techniques
For more information about Phoenix Financial Services, please visit our website at https://www. https://www.phoenixfinancialsvcs.com.