Pendrick Capital Partners | Alexandria, VA | Full Time
Pendrick is the leading healthcare specialty finance company in the US. With a 10 year history of year-over-year growth and unique experience derived from thousands of purchase transactions.
Pendrick Capital is hiring an Payroll Accountant to join our rapidly growing company. The role is responsible for bringing together and supporting the US payroll operations of the company's semi-monthly and biweekly payrolls as well as assisting in the development of new process as required. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and supports the continued growth of Pendrick Capital and its subsidiaries.
The Payroll Accountant is responsible for preparing, reviewing and ensuring the accuracy of semi-monthly payrolls; participating in quarterly and year-end tax reporting; and performing professional accounting functions, including balance sheet reconciliations and month end accruals.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for processing multiple state payrolls both semi-monthly and biweekly for hourly and salaried domestic employees.
- Maintain and review payroll through the payroll system to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, new hires, terminations, benefits, garnishments, child support, taxes and other deductions.
- Perform calculation of prorated hours, leave and short-term disability pay, severance pay, paid time off payouts and other related matters involving payroll calculations.
- Review submitted timesheets and close pay periods in Time Management system.
- Review and prepare GL files for Human Resources Director and Corporate Controller to review on a semi-monthly basis.
- Review all documentation from Human Resources (HR) for completeness and coordinate with HR for corrections.
- Prepare accounts payable related transactions for payroll such as benefit billing, 401K funding, taxes and garnishments, as well as related journal entries for account reconciliation and accruals.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local wage and hour guidelines for best practices.
- Set up requirements by state for unemployment, disability, etc and process all reporting back to state on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Serve as primary contact for resolving issues with employees and managers regarding payroll calculations, taxes and payments.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Reconcile and perform payroll and employee benefits reconciliations to resolve outstanding issues on a monthly basis.
- Provide support to successfully execute W2 and year end reporting.
- Work closely with HR department to ensure the accuracy of employee benefits and health insurance deductions.
- Partner with HR to establish and maintain relationship with Worker’s Compensation vendor including required notifications and classifications.
- Provide support to the Human Resources Director and Corporate Controller for 401K and Worker’s Compensation audits.
- Develop comprehensive reporting and Key Performance Indicators from payroll data to support analysis and external reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required. CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) a plus.
- 5+ years of payroll experience is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State and local law and regulations.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP, balance sheet reconciliations and monthly accruals.
- Adaptable to a fast-changing work environment; able to deliver accurate and on-time payroll regardless of the circumstances
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines
- Must have a willingness to learn how to use multiple payroll systems including ServantHR, PrestigePEO and ADP; experience transitioning off of a PEO model is a plus
For more information about Pendrick Capital Partners, please visit our website at https://www.pendrickcp.com/