Vice President, Client Solutions
Client Solutions | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
Collage Group is a high-growth, early-stage company that empowers organizations to better serve and engage the fastest growing and most influential segments through insight networks, market intelligence and strategy. We work with nearly 100 Fortune 1000 clients to drive growth with actionable data, powerful insights, and proven marketing strategies—and that’s where you come in.
Collage Group Solutions is the custom or “bespoke” arm of the company. All of our clients have licenses to our shared cost platform, which includes access to our syndicated research and data, input into future studies, and attendance at our executive roundtables. The Solutions team picks up where shared cost stops, solving our clients’ most challenging research and strategy problems.
The Vice President, Solutions is a practice lead role responsible for driving top line (revenue) performance. The ideal candidate will have a background in identifying large opportunities with clients; constructing winning proposals; and leading project teams to delight clients. Moreover, the VP, Solutions will be a “productizer”—someone who can identify common client needs and then package solutions in a repeatable way.
Both the Director, Research and the Director, Consulting will report directly into the VP, Solutions. The VP, Solutions will be responsible for ensuring that the Solutions team is correctly staffed, trained, and motivated to achieve the top-line goals for the group. In addition, the VP, Solutions will work closely with the Director, Product Marketing to ensure that the product suite is communicated effectively to the market across a variety of channels, including in sales collateral, online, through newsletters, and at conferences.
We are looking for a motivated senior leader who has a passion for building and commercial success. Our company is high-performing and lean, with tremendous potential for growth. We believe that the right person in this role can unlock that potential.
The VP, Solutions will report to the SVP, Products and Solutions.
- Business Development:
- Identify large opportunities to make a profound difference for our clients across both research / insights and strategy
- Lead proposal efforts, gathering requirements, crafting approaches, and presenting the final document to the client
- Mentor the entire Solutions team on business development best practices
- Project Delivery:
- Lead large projects across research design, approach, and deliverable structure
- Mentor / coach the delivery team in research, strategy, and analytics best practices
- Deliver projects to senior executives
- Product Development:
- Identify opportunities for productization of research and solutions projects that typically repeat, or in high demand in the market
- Work with the Director, Research and the Director, Consulting to ensure that the Solutions team has what it needs to deliver world-class work
- Train and mentor team members in best practices, innovative techniques, and insights based on experience
- Work with the Director, Product Marketing to create the collateral, digital assets, emails, and newsletters that are needed to market our Solutions to our clients, whether through our sales force, in proposals, or in one-to-many outreach
- Present our syndicated IP to our clients and prospects at our Latinum Roundtables and at public industry events
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 10+ years experience as a Principal, Vice President, or equivalent title at a research company or consultancy focused on the consumer sector
- Have a track record of commercial success in delivering consulting and/or research projects
- Have strong expertise as an individual contributor; we strongly believe that a manager should be the best person on his or her team when it comes to actually doing the work; this includes building great PowerPoint decks, doing analysis via Excel and other more sophisticated tools; and writing
- Demonstrate comfort in and preference for working in a small company environment, where no task is beneath anyone
- Be a passionate mentor of talent, teaching and coaching extremely talented less experienced individuals to achieve their full potential
In addition, we’re always looking for candidates who have sought-after additional skills. While these aren’t required, pluses included:
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish
- Experience specifically in the multicultural or youth spaces
This position is based at our offices in Bethesda, MD, just over the D.C. line. We are right over the Metro, on the Red Line. Some travel will be required. Applicants must reside in, or be willing to relocate to, the Washington DC metro area.