Country Manager - Malaysia
Operations | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Full Time
We are a fast-growing digital currency exchange looking to work with passionate, motivated professionals to help make access to digital currency easier for everyone.
We’re rapidly expanding into new markets, and we are looking for a country manager to help build a team and launch our platform in Malaysia. You’ll work closely with our international growth team to build out operations and create scalable processes for the entire business: operations, hiring, marketing, and everything else needed to achieve rapid market penetration.
- Take ownership of our newest country office - startup the business and drive to scale and market leadership in Malaysia
- Work closely with our global headquarters to tailor a Malaysian strategy based on local market analysis and insights
- Develop and manage relationships with government and private sector stakeholders regulators, financial institutions, and other business partners
- Identify local market opportunities and execute growth strategies
- Drive all aspects of operations, from customer service to people operations to finance
- Help to recruit and manage the country team
- University degree from a top-tier school
- 6-8 years work experience
- Track record of data-driven decision-making to drive successful outcomes
- Thrives in fast-paced environments with rapidly changing requirements
- Experience managing and hiring high-growth teams
- An execution-mindset - can roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Malay and English language skills
How to Stand Out
- MBA or Masters degree from a top global university
- 4+ years at a major international technology company focused on Emerging Markets, a top tier management consulting firm, or venture-backed technology startup
- Previous experience in a country lead role at a startup
- Background or deep interest in digital currency
Coins is Southeast Asia’s leading mobile-first blockchain-enabled platform that connects anyone to financial services. In 4 years we’ve helped >5 million customers gain access to remittances, payments services, and cryptocurrency across the Philippines, Thailand, and soon, Malaysia.
With a Silicon Valley founding team and leading investors including Naspers, Quona Capital, Wavemaker, Eric Schmidt (Innovation Endeavors), Pantera, DCG, and Kickstart, we offer a stimulating, fast-paced work environment. We are driven by the desire to improve people’s lives. We enjoy doing work that matters. We value open communication, a performance-based culture, and continuous learning on the job.