Full Stack Software Engineer
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Cognition IP
Cognition IP is currently hiring Software Engineers! Come be a part of an exciting startup that is changing how law firms operate. We are growing fast and are looking for adventure seekers who share our vision of using technology to make the practice of law more efficient and of higher quality. Our mission is to revolutionize the delivery of legal services and to change how law and technology interact.
We are a law firm with an affiliated technology company focused on developing and implementing software and artificial intelligence tools to increase the efficiency of our attorneys and agents, letting them concentrate on the important and skilled parts of IP work.
We’re a startup, and are building out our technology stack from scratch. Our developers will have a marked impact in the productivity of our attorneys and the satisfaction of our clients. We’re seeking skilled, creative, experienced, and passionate software engineers who can wear many hats in product development.
About the team: We are building our team from the ground up. As an early stage startup, our developers will be building everything from internal workflow tools to client facing portals to machine learning pipelines. Our developers work closely with our legal services team, listening to their requirements and architecting custom solutions that make everyone more productive.
Responsibilities: Our current needs are for an experienced full stack developer who can deliver quality code and manage all the parts of the product development cycle from specification writing to unit testing. Our developers need to be flexible and ambitious. Ideally, our developers are not afraid to take on devops roles when necessary and are comfortable with system administration tasks. Primarily, however, our developers will be writing code. Our company has a wide array of software needs built on a variety of technology stacks.
Key Result Areas:
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Write clear, maintainable, testable, and secure code
- Document design and algorithms
- Communicate with legal team to develop workflow/process improvements
Reporting to: CTO
- Software Engineering/Developer Experience: 3+ years
- In depth knowledge of relational (mySQL, Postgres) and noSQL (mongoDB)
- Knowledge of at least one non scripting programming language (Java, C, C++)
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Systems programming experience (bash, C, etc)
- AWS infrastructure experience
- Experience working with large datasets
- Machine Learning experience (gensim, pytorch, tensorflow, etc)
Commensurate with experience (Base + Bonus + Equity)