Sr. UI Engineer
Delivery | National - Remote | Full Time
At CodeScience, Inc., we help companies build products for the Salesforce AppExchange. Founded in 2008, we were a founding member of the Salesforce Product Development Organization (PDO) program, and are the only company to achieve the Master Navigator PDO designation. Our clients’ success is rooted in CodeScience’s ability to support them through every stage of their lifecycle from ideation to deployment. We also believe in having fun while doing it.
- You live for challenges and you are tenacious in problem solving.
- You have built full-stack web applications using Node, Rails, .Net or some other MVC stack. You need to understand all phases of software engineering,
- You know what logic should be processed on the back-end and what can be processed client-side and you can defend your approach on each.
- You are insatiable in your thirst for knowledge and your desire to fabricate elegant solutions.
- You have a desire to work with interesting clients and projects that challenge you.
- You are highly motivated, highly intelligent, highly inquisitive and at least moderately funny.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will take ownership of the user interface portion of the product build cycle.
- You know how to collaborate with other team members to build user interfaces that meet client expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies.
- You will answer complexity with simplicity. If there is a simple, elegant and testable approach to achieve the goal, then that is the approach to take.
- You have a responsibility to learn the Salesforce platform and how to utilize its features and constraints to build full stack web applications. Salesforce certification will be required during your tenure at CodeScience
- Think outside the box to bring common industry tools, techniques and patterns to Salesforce platform development.
Desired Experience and Characteristics
- You need a strong GitHub account and you need to be able to articulate your code.
- You need to have worked with some difficult clients, and consistently delivered.
- You are a builder and not a hack. Sometimes the difference is subtle, but you don’t want a hack building your house, do you?
- You love refining and refactoring, but you don’t lose track of what the big picture deliverables are.
- You are infinitely flexible. You can build with HTML/CSS, but you know there’s probably someone better suited for it. Maybe you want to get really good at it. Of course you do. You want to get really good at everything.
- You have an internal standard for excellence that is insanely high.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and Test-driven development methodologies
- You must understand core HTML and CSS. Know this book and this book.
- Your dev stack must include Node and npm to support local build processing and automated testing
- You have to be able to learn, understand and manipulate Salesforce features for implementing user interfaces, especially this.
- You must be able to think in terms of components and eventing models.
- You will need to be able to articulate a coding solution using pseudocode, a whiteboard or other medium to an audience of non-developers.
Your information is kept confidential
CodeScience is an Equal Opportunity Employer