Salesforce Product Owner
Delivery | National - Remote | Full Time
Location: National - Remote
At CodeScience, Inc., we help companies build products for the Salesforce AppExchange. Founded in 2008, we were a founding member of the Salesforce Product Development Organization (PDO) program, and are the only company to achieve the Master Navigator PDO designation. Our clients’ success is rooted in CodeScience’s ability to support them through every stage of their lifecycle from ideation to deployment. We also believe in having fun while doing it.
Product Owners are responsible for making software development projects come to fruition while delighting clients so they beg for more. In this job, you'll manage budgets of all sizes, excessive client expectations, surly developers, aloof architects, and an omnipresent clock loudly ticking away the days on your precious release plan. With the patience of a preschool teacher and the brawn of a linebacker, Product Owners focus on the scope while balancing quality, cost, and schedule. Besides spending a significant amount of time communicating, you may also design, build, and test significant portions of software applications. Because the position straddles the business and technical realms, Product Owners at CodeScience are exposed to more case studies than MBA hopefuls.
- You love the agile manifesto and enjoy helping organizations find better ways to deliver value to their customers.
- You understand the slings and arrows, as well as the glories, of professional services consulting. And you still want to apply for this job.
- You are able to synthesize a client’s market strategy, product strategy and requirements into a strategic roadmap and sprint plan.
- You put a high value in collaboration with both the client and your project team and believe transparency is crucial for a successful delivery.
- You work fast on your feet as a leader in order to make smart decisions on what gets built.
- You're bored silly with deploying Salesforce CRM, but get excited about doing the custom stuff on Force.com.
- You've worked with big ERP or other business systems and are ready to start delivering value quickly instead of taking part in a twenty body, three year, multi-million dollar experiment in corporate inefficiency.
- You've worked at one of our bigger competitors and are ready to go where work quality and employee happiness reign over the profit-at-any-cost paradigm.
- You have deployed an AppExchange product into a Salesforce org.
- You spot bugs, UI improvements, and better ways to present information on almost every website or software application you use.
- You're a human can of Raid - you know what bugs are, how to describe them in detail and have an insatiable need to kill them (or get them put into budget for the next project phase).
- When someone at a party asks what you do, you’d rather say “I solve problems” than “I’m in software.”
- You raise issues quickly instead of sweeping them under the carpet. You are not afraid to ask for help.
- You are well practiced at delivering tough messages to clients and to your team members.
- You are self motivated and break out in hives if things go unfinished.
- You know how to lead, communicate with, and motivate software developers.
- You care more about content than form, unless it's about UI design, in which case you care about elegance and powerful simplicity.
- You wake up in the morning thinking about how to make software better.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver Force.com software applications by leading and collaborating with clients, Product Managers, Technical Architects, Business Analysts, UX/UI Designers, and Developers.
- Prepare business requirements, release plans, resource plans, story maps, user story backlogs, and UI designs based on collaboration with clients during Discovery and throughout an agile software development process.
- Identify changes to project scope, escalate and negotiate scope with clients, and identify change order opportunities if needed.
- Manage and mentor internal and external team members to best leverage their skills.
- Configure declarative portions of applications in Force.com.
- Plan and manage releases and deployments of client apps.
- Track your time and review time entered by team members against the client’s budget.
- Document the development process, decisions, risks, status, and everything else required to deliver and support a successful product.
- College degree - better yet, you left college because it was slowing you down
- 5+ years of software development industry experience
- 2+ years experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager, Project Manager, Business Analyst, or equivalent role
- 2+ years of professional services consulting experience
- Familiarity with the Salesforce platform, at least on an administrator level.
- Experience and success leading truly Agile development teams.
- Experience and success leading truly Waterfall development teams. (ugh, i know)
- Comfortable working with and managing remote teams spread across multiple time zones.
- Completed and can describe multiple Salesforce CRM or Force.com implementations
- Salesforce App Builder certification or equivalent experience
- Agile/Scrum Product Owner certification or equivalent experience
- Agile ScrumMaster certification or equivalent experience
- Familiar with agile process management tools such as JIRA, Zenhub, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Rally, etc.
Your information is confidential and will be held in complete privacy
CodeScience is an Equal Opportunity Employer