Business Development Manager
Sales | Remote - SF Bay Area | Full Time
Location: National Remote - preference to San Francisco Bay, New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles
At CodeScience, Inc., we help companies build products for the Salesforce AppExchange. Founded in 2008, we were a founding member of the Salesforce Product Development Organization (PDO) program, and are the only company to achieve the Master Navigator PDO designation. Our clients’ success is rooted in CodeScience’s ability to support them through every stage of their lifecycle from ideation to deployment. We also believe in having fun while doing it.
This role combines business development and selling professional services. Our consulting team designs and delivers complex Salesforce application development projects.
Ideally, you already have experience selling professional services, or as a sales engineer, software consultant, or product manager and know how to sell Professional Services. Salesforce specific experience is a big plus, but there are a lot of other backgrounds that will fit the bill. Our success depends on you thinking creatively, building a reputation with our partners, owning client relationships, and closing.
You'll find all the independence and latitude you could ask for in this role and a very qualified team of Architects to support your deals.
A good indicator of success for Business Development Managers is boundless enthusiasm for your company and the product you are selling. You must be curious, able to tease information from people, and willing to determine a solution from several possible alternatives. You’ll need the verbal and written dexterity to describe your ideas to both geeks and luddites.
Those BDM’s who find our type of work a good fit have the following characteristics:
- You have 5-10 years of experience selling the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- In your world, the “ABC’s” is not a reference to the alphabet
- You communication skills are exceptional
- Your knowledge of the Force.com platform and other development technologies is above average. You wake up every morning thrilled to create new business because you believe in what you are selling
- Building strong, long term relationships with customers and making the golden connection is your MO
- You possess a deep loathing of cubicles and value flexibility and high pay over the 9-to-5 beige office experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Polished communication with C-level clients
- Sell deals our delivery team can deliver successfully
- Be responsible for 2M+ revenue
- Negotiate agreements with new and existing clients
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Track your pipeline in Salesforce
- Develop relationships with our main lead channel, account executives at Salesforce
- Be responsive to requests from management
- Know your competition
- Maintain a long range vision of developing markets
- Be perpetually aware of technology changes and improvements
- Manage involvement of architect resources in your sales funnel
- Experience selling SDLC and professional services
- A solid understanding of the 4 P’s: Product, Placement, Price and Promotion
- Proficient in using a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce
- Technical exposure or background, preferably Salesforce.com experience
- Active with industry and sales related organizations
- Involved in professional development, enhancing skills
Your information is kept confidential
CodeScience is an Equal Opportunity Employer