Vice President, Marketing
Marketing | Austin, TX | Full Time
Codero Hosting is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working hard every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Vice President, Marketing
Type of Position: Vice President, Marketing
Location: Austin, TX
IMPORTANT: This is not an off-site/remote or work from home position. You must be willing to work from our Austin office full time.
Job Category: Full-Time
Compensation: Salary + Bonus + Options
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with a company match.
Reporting to the CEO of Codero, the Vice President of Marketing will define and own the Codero brand, as well as define, build and grow the revenue plan for Codero. The Vice President of Marketing and Communication will also recruit and manage a dynamic team of marketing and communication professionals.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader in high tech, and online marketing, with a track record of successfully creating and implementing comprehensive and innovative marketing strategies centered on marketing knowledge and expertise for Hosting, Cloud, SaaS, or large scale online web business.
Note: Prior relevant experience in the Cloud or Hosting industries is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop compelling value propositions for Codero offerings for different market segments and driving adoption of and customer preference toward Codero
- Own creation and implementation of a comprehensive and innovative product centered online marketing strategy that supports Codero’s aggressive revenue and growth objectives. The strategy must include all areas of functional marketing, including direct marketing, advertising, digital marketing (web, SEO/SEM), social media-focused marketing, analyst relations, demand generation, events and branding.
- Strategic planning that includes positioning, market and competitive analysis, customer acquisition and conversion programs and product positioning.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and develop product positioning and messaging for each customer segment.
- Enable Sales teams with training plans and compelling collateral. Develop content, and collateral for internal and external audiences
- Drive product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales enablement.
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation and tracking, nurturing and management.
- Work with the Executive Management team to identify and develop company communication, branding, and marketing strategy, including actively engaging and collaborating with community luminaries.
- Work closely with Sales to develop and manage sales and channel partner strategies, programs and sales tools.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
- Develop and manage the entire marketing budget.
- Act as spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events, as needed.
- Note: This is a demanding and intense position that will require the final candidate to reside in the immediate areas of Austin, TX to collaborate with the Codero management team, and Codero front line teams. No telecommuting/Remote accepted please.
- Experienced marketing executive with minimum 8-10 years of relevant professional experience, ideally heading marketing for a leading Hosting or Cloud services or SaaS provider.
- Strong and proven Hosting and Cloud services market and product knowledge, coupled with creative product marketing expertise.
- Demonstrated success in technology marketing strategy, Marcom program execution and product marketing. Deep understanding of and solid experience with social media, web based demand generation and SEO/SEM.
- Experience in handing multiple distribution strategies. Direct distribution experience (sales & online) as well as channel experience. Demonstrated ability to keep a hybrid strategy moving forward will be critical.
- Proven track record in effectively building marketing and communications strategy on-time, with high-quality deliverables and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarity or proven success building communities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and develop an excellent organization capable of taking on greater responsibility, collectively and individually. Will make changes smartly and quickly when needed.
- Demonstrated Experience in successfully leading high performance teams with ability to proactively engage with product management and development teams and work strategically and collaboratively across teams to establish clear priorities of product and technical requirements.
- Technical marketing expertise required, and strong familiarity with Cloud, Hosting, and Web 2.0 technical concepts.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Operate at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Be located in Austin, TX.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree highly desirable.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER