Engineering | Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
Codero Hosting is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, Cloud and Hybrid web hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Type of Positions: Systems Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
Codero Hosting is looking for a Systems Engineer who is passionate about virtualization, storage, hardware, web hosting, and the Cloud to work with current Codero team members to build and support Codero’s next generation network.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in the development of Cloud, Hybrid and other company virtualization initiatives.
- Perform system administration of *nix systems and hypervisors including Xen and KVM.
- Development and platform certification of Private Cloud platforms based on XenServer and VMware.
- Perform preventive maintenance on servers.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve causes of difficult server performance problems.
- Bachelors or associate degree.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with Active Directory, Windows and Linux servers, e-mail, DNS, server virtualization, management and maintenance tasks.
- Mass storage (SAN, NAS, etc.) and virtualization (VMware, Parallels, Hyper-V, etc.) experience highly preferred.
- Certifications from Microsoft, VMware, Zen, and/or other relevant hardware and software systems highly preferred.
- Linux systems administration experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated networking experience (LAN, WAN, VPN, VLAN, Dynamic Routing and Firewalling, etc.) and/or Cisco or relevant Networking certifications a plus. VoIP telephony implementation and administration experience also a plus.
- High degree of familiarity with email and Internet applications and servers (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.). Firewall and advanced TCP/IP setup and routing experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and written/oral communication and documentation skills are required.
- Attention to detail, speed, ability to multi-task, pride, and thoroughness in completing work tasks.
- Be part of a team, with best in breed cost structure, operations, and execution quality.
- Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.
- Desire and ability to provide an outstanding customer experience and go the extra mile in everything you do.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER