Sr. Operations Developer/Engineer
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
Codero Hosting is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, Cloud and E-Mail Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Senior DevOps Engineer
Type of Positions: Sr. Operations Developer/Engineer
Location: Austin, TX or Lenexa, KS
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
Codero Hosting is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who is passionate about next generation computing to work with current team members to design and develop internal automation software and to support Codero’s hybrid hosting platforms.
This a very demanding and intense position that will require the final candidate to reside in the immediate areas of Austin, TX or Lenexa, KS to collaborate with the Codero management and front line teams as well as be in close proximity in case of emergency. No telecommuting accepted.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Research, design and develop internal automation tools to support Codero’s operational systems.
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade software.
- Q/A testing of internal software as well as software developed by Product Development teams.
- Maintain and support existing software and hardware systems, infrastructure and production.
- Automating deployments.
- Assisting support staff in trouble-shooting software issues and implementing bug fixes.
- Assisting product development teams in trouble-shooting software issues.
- Bachelors Degree (preferred).
- Expertise with deploying large scale web applications and integrating with corporate infrastructure. 5+ years of experience with 4GL such as Python, Java, Perl, PHP.
- Expertise with virtualization technologies. 3+ years of experience with x86 virtualization with datacenter virtualization products like VMWare ESX, Citrix XenServer, and KVM.
- Experience with VM management/orchestration. 2+ years of programming/scripting experience with one or more of the management stacks such as vCloud, Eucalyptus, CloudStack, and OpenStack.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a Linux development environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with Microsoft Windows and Windows related software.
- Minimum four (4) years of Linux-based system engineering and administration.
- Proven experience in server-side programming on the business logic tier and on the data tier.
- Proven experience with databases (MySQL, PostGreSQL, SQL Server, and Oracle) a plus.
- Experience in NoSQL databases like Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra and Amazon SimpleDB.
- Experience working as part of a large geographically-distributed team.
- Experience RESTful API design and consuming RESTful APIs.
Experience with the following tooling:
- AMQP queueing systems like Qpid and RabbitMQ.
- Proven design and architecture skills.
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting skills.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER