Hosting Support Technician
Technical Support | Overland Park, KS | Full Time
Codero Hosting is a provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career. If you love technology and love making customers smile, come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
We offer a fun, employee-driven company culture with a casual work environment that hires only the best of the best!
Hosting Specialist Level 1
Type of Position: Technical and Customer Support
Location: Overland Park, KS
Compensation: Hourly + Bonus
Schedule: Day Shift- 8am to 5pm. May include weekends.
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, & 401(k) with a company match.
Codero Hosting is looking for a passionate, articulate, and enthusiastic junior level Technical Customer Support Specialist to provide superior technical customer support to Codero’s customers.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Linux and Windows systems administration and hands-on support experience is required.
- Superior ability to make customers happy.
- Must possess empathy and strong soft skills.
- Understanding of Linux-based operating systems and Windows servers.
- Basic understanding of Internet networking connectivity technologies including firewalls, TCP, DNS, SSL, and load balancing.
- Understanding of most basic system administration tools and procedures; for example: ping, traceroute, permissions, viewing processes etc.
- Ability to use backup programs, verify disk integrity, and maintain system files.
- Perform preventive maintenance on servers.
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve causes of performance issues.
- Review server error and audit logs and perform system backups/restores.
- Gather necessary data for issue replication, problem determination and/or escalation.
- Experience with web control panels such as Parallels Plesk Panel or WHM/cPanel a plus.
- System administration experience and light development experience highly desirable.
- Participate in the writing and maintenance of knowledge base articles for commonly presented issues.
- We require the final candidate to reside in the immediate area of Overland Park, KS to collaborate with the Codero teams. No telecommuting accepted.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
1. Excellent people and customer delight skills.
2. Proven ability to clearly and effectively interact and communicate with customers in a friendly and personable manner via multiple channels (chat, phone, email).
3. Research, resolve, and respond to customer questions and callbacks (via chat, phone and email) in a timely manner and in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and service level agreements.
4. Use interactive tools including chat, forums, email, monitoring and other web based social media to exceed customer expectations.
5. Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
6. Provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer productivity.
7. When appropriate, escalate issues to appropriate individuals based on established guidelines and procedures.
8. Ability to exercise judgment using procedures and practices to determine the appropriate course of action.
9. Attend training sessions and lead training workshops. Participate in cross/team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Customer Support group.
10. Be part of a team, with best in breed cost structure, operations, and execution quality.
11. Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.
12. Desire and ability to provide an outstanding customer experience and go the extra mile in everything you do.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER