Director of Technical Support
Technical Support | Overland Park, KS | Full Time
Codero is an infrastructure and technology enabler dedicated to providing our customers with reliable and innovative hosting solutions that our customers trust, our partners value, and our employees believe in. Our mission is to deliver exceptional service to every customer, in every interaction, with no exceptions. From our expert support team to the carefully-engineered 100% uptime reliability of our network to our highly automated hosting platform, Codero is designed to over-deliver on customer expectations every time.
DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Location: Austin, TX or Overland Park, KS USA
Job Category: Full-Time
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
The Director of Technical Support will be responsible for Codero’s Support end to end, and will build and run the team that will support Codero’s fast growing hosting and cloud services business.
• The Director of Technical Support will own and run our 24x7x365 Technical Support teams. These teams own and resolve the technical problems our customers encounter, whether with Codero hosted technologies, or with products delivered through 3rd party relationships.
• The Director of Technical Support needs to be a strong leader who knows how to motivate, manage, and up-level a geographically diverse team, solve technical problems methodically, interface with customers, and have a maniacal attention to detail and optimization.
• He/She must have experience with a hosting or Cloud company. He/She will be responsible for delivering industry-leading service uptime, ensuring service continuity, industry leading customer support, and manage the Codero customer care presence in a cost-efficient manner.
• This executive will own the operation of a large, geographically distributed infrastructure and systems including multiple data centers, as well as multiple customer support teams in various locations.
This Director will build and run a team that ensures Codero has the ability to reliably deliver and support cloud-based services on a massive scale. Specifically, he/she will have to be consistently proactive, and responsible for understanding and anticipating end-customer operational needs.
This individual will also need to evaluate, procure, and integrate new technology and software to the overall infrastructure based upon customer and business demands, and will ensure that these technologies and services are in-line with rapidly changing business requirements and expectations. These technologies include public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.), telecommunication services (i.e Bandwidth, etc.), software, and hardware. He/she will drive process and cost optimization across the organization, ensuring that industry standards are being met and exceeded, and that the organization is in compliance with customer service level agreements (SLAs). In cooperation with other functions, he/she will be responsible for Project Management on large infrastructure and customer roll-outs.
- Act as single point of escalation and resolution for customer operational issues
- Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Technical Support will work closely with the management team of Codero, particularly the CEO, CFO and CNO.
- Lead and grow our 24x7 technical support teams delivering world-class service via phone, chat, tickets, and knowledge base to our global customer base.
- As a member of the leadership team, define and drive customer retention and satisfaction.
- Develop management systems and performance measurement dashboards to transparently track and report on tech ops and customer support performance.
- Manage and optimize the overall cost structure, TCO, and operational plan across all offerings to ensure that Codero can profitability and reliably deliver against customer requirements.
- Deliver a differentiated and consistent service experience 24x7 for our standard, advanced and managed support levels.
- Interface frequently with Codero’s technical and engineering teams, and collaborate with relevant hardware and software teams to leverage latest technologies inside and outside the company.
- Deliver recommendations to drive short, medium and long-term operational performance improvements.
- Define and implement a transformational strategy to continue the evolution of our customer support systems into a proactive, predictive support experience to delight our customers.
- Interact with end customers to ensure alignment and identify gaps on project roll outs.
- Proactively drive operational efficiency initiatives every day that improve profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Apply financial rigor and business acumen to all initiatives to help the management team arrive at decisions that maximize business performance.
- Provide sound business rationale and risk assessment for proposed investments in new headcount and/or infrastructure.
- Proactively prevent, but also deal with, outages when they do happen, crisis management and developing remedy plans to proactively improve the quality of the infrastructure, and customer support experience.
- Define and deliver a one-to-all online self-help and community based support experience.
- Provide strong leadership, develop and set individual and departmental performance goals and act as a change agent.
- Develop and execute support strategies for new products and upgrades.
- Develop operations-related plans, budgets, policies and procedures to achieve the organization’s customer satisfaction and responsiveness objectives.
- Present operational, and customer satisfaction related presentations to the management team, and board of directors.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced operational leader with a track record of successfully launching and running a web scale business at full operation having taken it through all key phases of growth.
- Technically astute, and up to date on all the relevant data center, security, networking, provisioning, and monitoring technologies as they relate to multi-tenant large scale web architectures. He/she will have a healthy dose of experience, and appreciation of both Open Source technologies, and commercial solutions, including AWS and Azure.
- Must have led and grown a 24x7 technical operations and technical support team delivering an end-to- end world-class service via phone, chat, tickets, and knowledge base to a global customer base.
- Knowledge of dealing with outages, escalations, customer interruption, crisis management and developing root cause remedy plans to improve the quality of the infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be cool under pressure.
- Managing a large-scale hosting and multi-tenant cloud infrastructure and application, e-commerce or financial services web site, a major Internet portal or media site, or equivalent.
- The candidate must have a passion, and an eye for automation of repetitive, and error prone processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 4+ years leadership experience in running technical operations teams and customer support teams at a leading hosting, Cloud, or SaaS provider in a 24x7x365 team environment, requiring 24x7x365 on call availability.
- Be located in Austin or Kansas City
- Operate with the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity.
- In addition, the following competencies will be of key importance:
- Good Judgment and Decisiveness: Showing wisdom in making strategic decisions and acting under pressure in times of crisis with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic
- Proactivity and Analytical skill: Anticipate the issues before they occur. Also, applying logic and sound reasoning to determine the facts of the case and reveal root causes when issues do occur.
- Creating a vision: Developing a compelling view of the future operations organization of a next generation web scale business and support model/organization.
- Communication skills: Being highly articulate and able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner both to motivate the operations team, and in times of high pressure
- Developing & leveraging relationships: Creating and cultivating networks of people across the company and industry and using them to accomplish the objective of running a highly efficient multi-tenant web infrastructure
- Energy & Endurance: Having a high capacity for work, and able to maintain performance over long stretches of time and during periods of work overload
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER