Development | Austin, TX | Full Time
Codero Hosting is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. We offer a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience so that we can to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Overland Park, KS or Austin, TX. Not willing to relocate at this time.
As a DevOps Engineer at Codero Hosting, you will be working with some of the best developers to engineer and deploy, maintain, automate the next generation of Cloud computing and Hybrid Hosting technologies in the industry.
What you will be doing
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Manage your own time and focusing on the continuous delivery of projects
- Work in agile development environment with short sprints and standups
- Implement proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade automation.
- Maintain and support existing software and hardware systems, infrastructure and production.
- Assist support staff and team members in trouble-shooting software issues and implementing bug fixes.
- Takes ownership of the projects. Work to continually improve code quality, and get bugs fixed and deployed rapidly.
- On call support for customer impacting issues.
Experience in or knowledge of
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, or Bash.
- Linux system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Experience with monitoring/alerting systems and building extensions as needed (Zabbix, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Cacti)
- Deep understanding and knowledge of virtualization (libvirt, KVM, Xenserver, VMWare)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independence and initiative
- Experience using configuration management and automation tools (Fabric, Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, ChatOps, etc)
- Strong understanding of system, security and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
Must have experience
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience working in a Linux development environment.
- Demonstrated desire to learn technology
- Experience with languages such as PHP and Python also strongly preferred.
- Process re-engineering
- Communicating and collaborating with others
- Experience in 24x7 production operations
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments like AWS, CloudStack, Google Cloud Services, and Microsoft Azure
- Salary + Bonus
- Flexible Work Hours
- Life and Disability Insurances
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) with a company match.