Data Center Provisioning Technician
Support | Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
We are on the brink of something big…Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team of individuals providing some of the most exciting technology in the industry?
We offer a fun, employee-driven company culture with a casual work environment that hires only the best of the best!
Codero Hosting is a provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
Data Center Provisioning Technician
Type of Position: Technical and Customer Support; Location: Phoenix, AZ; Compensation: Hourly Plus Commission
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with a company match.
Codero Hosting is looking for a passionate, articulate, and enthusiastic Data Center Provisioning Technician to provide superior customer support to Codero’s Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting customers.
The Data Center Provisioning Technician will work in an entrepreneurial start-up environment focused on providing reliable Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services worldwide.
This is a very demanding and intense position that will require the final candidate to reside in the immediate area of Phoenix, AZ to collaborate with the Codero management and front line teams as well as be in close proximity in case of emergency. No telecommuting accepted.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum two (2) years of Linux or Windows systems administration or hands-on experience.
- Self-starter with minimum one (1) year of software, Web 2.0 technical support experience.
- Associates degree; technical degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of internet networking connectivity technologies including firewalls, tcp, dns, dhcp, ssl, and load balancing.
- Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and procedures; for example, BASH, MySQL, MsSQL, IIS, Apache, ProFTPd, Plesk, cPanel, and web control panels and ability to use backup programs, verify disk integrity, and maintain system files (groups, hosts, aliases).
- Fundamental understanding of a Linux or Windows operating system and servers.
- Superior technical expertise and work ethic.
- Proven ability to interact with developers, colleagues, and cross-functional teams.
- Troubleshoot and analyze causes of server performance problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on servers.
- Gather necessary data for issue replication, problem determination and/or escalation.
- Isolate and, when possible, resolve service performance issues.
- Review server error and audit logs and perform system backups/restores.
- Experience building computers/servers.
- System administration experience and development experience highly desirable.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent people skills.
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively interact and communicate with customers in a friendly and personable manner via multiple channels (chat, phone, email).
- Research, resolve, and respond to customer questions and callbacks (via chat, phone and email) in a timely manner and in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Use interactive tools including chat, forums, email, monitoring and other web based social media to exceed customer expectations.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer productivity.
- When appropriate, escalate issues to appropriate individuals based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to exercise judgment using procedures and practices to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Attend training sessions and possibly assist in training workshops. Participate in cross/team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Customer Support group.
- Be part of a team, with best in breed cost structure, operations, and execution quality.
- Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.
- Desire and ability to provide an outstanding customer experience and go the extra mile in everything you do.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER