Data Center Provisioning Technician
Operations | Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
We are on the brink of something big…Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team of individuals providing some of the most exciting technology in the industry?
We offer a fun, employee-driven company culture with a casual work environment that hires only the best of the best!
Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated Server Hosting, Managed Server Hosting, Cloud Hosting, and Hybrid Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent and build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
The Data Center Technician/Engineer owns the responsibility of all IT Infrastructure, including customer configurations, within the data center environment ensuring all customer server environments are secure, operational and maintain 100% uptime.
Fundamental understanding of a Linux or Windows operating system and servers.
Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and procedures; for example, BASH, MySQL, MsSQL, IIS, Apache, ProFTPd, Plesk, cPanel, and web control panels and ability to use backup programs, verify disk integrity, and maintain system files (groups, hosts, aliases).
- Utilize custom monitoring software and internal ticketing system to provide customer support
- Identify and troubleshoot simple hardware failures on x86-based servers to include the replacement of failed hardware components
- Troubleshoot simple operating system storage issues including file system, disk management and RAID technologies
- Support servers running Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server, Ubuntu Linux or VMWare ESX Server
- Simple operating systems administration to include troubleshooting of login, password and connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot simple local area network (LAN) connectivity issues and reestablish remote access to customer configurations utilizing SSH, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services or Remote Access Controllers
- Complete the troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of network device hardware including access and aggregation switches, firewalls, load-balancers and security appliances
- Complete the troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of storage devices including DAS and NAS arrays
- Complete customer configuration maintenances including hardware modification, operating system installation, mounting of the devices within cabinets and completion of all cabling needs required
- Troubleshoot copper and fiber cabling including initial installation testing as well as connectivity issues with previously deployed copper or fiber cabling
- Provide technical communication relating to customer configurations in a concise, professional manner
- Adhere to company security policies and procedures, including health and safety and local governing requirements as directed
- Execute and maintain meticulous 5S and housekeeping practices
- Demonstrate no less than full performance in a continuous, consistent, measurable manner
- Demonstrate high levels of passion and enthusiasm when providing help and support to all customers and coworkers
- Communicate in an honest, transparent manner focused on building trust among customers and coworkers
- High School diploma or equivalent required; University or College degree preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a data center environment or equivalent technology background required
- Minimum 1-year experience or ability to show familiarity with building, repairing or upgrading hardware components required
- Minimum 1-year experience in a customer service oriented position preferred
- Industry recognized certifications in operating systems, networking, security and/or storage technologies preferred
- Experience with Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant rack server hardware preferred Experience with Cisco ASA and ASA-X series firewalls, F5 BigIP and Brocade ADX series load-balancers and Alert Logic IDS preferred
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst 2900, 4900, 6500 and Nexus series switches preferred
- Experience with Dell PowerVault DAS, NetApp and EMC Isilon NAS systems preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, 24x7x365 coverage required including holidays and weekend.
- Must be able to prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills, type with proficiency and exhibit professional phone etiquette
- Must be proficient with productivity software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Open Office as well as email client software
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs over head
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to occasionally travel (1 wk/yr)
Codero Hosting is an equal opportunity employer