Marketing | Austin, TX
Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us at Codero, and be the voice of Codero to customers! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Type of Position: Copywriter; Location: Austin, TX
Job Category: Full-Time or Contractor
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, & 401(k) with a company match.
SUMMARY: Codero Hosting is looking for a passionate, articulate, and enthusiastic Copywriter to be the voice of Codero to the world! The role will develop creative marketing messages to support demand generation efforts, web marketing content and blog articles. A passion for creating a voice and connecting with both technical and business audiences will be the key to success. The Copywriter will work in an entrepreneurial start-up environment focused on providing reliable Dedicated, Managed and Cloud Hosting services to customers worldwide.
This is a very demanding and intense position that will require the final candidate to reside in the immediate area of Austin, TX to collaborate with the Codero management and front line teams as well as be in close proximity in case of emergency. No telecommuting accepted.
- Develop clear, concise and strategic messaging for a variety of web and promotional content, targeted at a broad set of customer segments.
- Write customer-centric technical content that uses the appropriate voice for a particular segment.
- Experience in online marketing and an understanding of how content drives response rates is required.
- Experience in Hosting or Cloud technologies highly desired.
- Produce highly responsive messaging with compelling calls-to-action.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and product management teams to understand business objectives, services value proposition, message and audience.
- Condense large amounts of messaging and information into succinct and pithy customer communications
- Collaborate and work closely with colleagues in development, marketing and sales.
- Manage end-to-end content creation process, including obtaining approvals, fact-checking and editing/proofreading.
- Help ensure all communications maintain a high level of quality, feature a consistent tone and style, and support and reinforce the key messages and values of Codero Hosting.
- This is a contractor or full time position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of marketing copywriting experience in the web hosting industry.
- Superior work ethic.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must be able to relate, understand, and connect with a technical IT audience.
- Experience working with or high degree of understanding of web hosting products and services is required.
- Experience writing quality content optimized for search.
- Proven ability to deliver high level content for multiple projects concurrently.
- Proven ability to balance brand voice with direct response effectiveness.
- Proven ability to align creative concepts with marketing and sales strategies.
- Proven ability to adapt writing to key customer segments and to write across a variety of media.
- Articulate thinker, able to internalize creative direction, react quickly, and interact productively during brainstorms and meetings.
- Exceptional attention to detail; able to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding communication, time-management and editing/proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-paced, driven marketing team.
- Knowledge of methods and principles for promoting and selling hosting services
- Be part of a team, with best in breed work quality.
- Passionate about customers and helping them reach their goals.
- Desire and ability to go the extra mile in everything you do.
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER