Development | Austin, TX | Full Time
We are on the brink of something big…Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team of individuals providing some of the most exciting technology in the industry?
We offer a fun, employee-driven company culture with a casual work environment that hires only the best of the best!
Codero Hosting is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, Cloud and E-Mail Hosting services. Codero offers a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
We are looking for a technology engineering ninja, a secret agent charged with envisioning, building and supporting cloud solutions with technical excellence and making those solutions uniquely Codero. You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a transformative hosting experience and to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
If you already have both a Engineering and Cloud background and are still interested in both, this is ideal!
Developer/Engineer Location: Austin, TX
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with a company match
The Codero Cloud team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) and Platform as a Service (Paas) on major public cloud providers such as Amazon’s AWS, Microsoft’s Azure and others as well as private cloud technologies such as VMWare and Azure Stack. You will be deploying these technologies as part of Codero’s Managed Cloud Services to create differentiated and value-add solutions for customers. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes using technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Codero Cloud Engineer, you will combine software development, networking, and systems administration expertise with an aptitude for technical advising, troubleshooting and analysis. You will work across multiple customer-facing teams to improve the product's vision and to make global businesses and organizations successful. You are a technical solutions expert, helping customers approach and resolve technology problems and design and scale services.
You will work with our sales force as well as our award-winning support team to help customers empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business with technology built in the cloud. You will ensure our products and services are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware.
This a very demanding and intense position that will require the final candidate to reside in the immediate areas of Austin, TX to collaborate with the Codero networking, development and sales teams No telecommuting accepted.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design, build and maintain customer environments for Codero Managed Cloud on AWS, Azure and other public and private clouds.
- Design, build and maintain in-house cloud infrastructure, monitoring, billing and other cloud management systems
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Product Managers, Sales and Sales Engineering teams to build and support Codero Cloud Solutions and Managed Services.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of Codero Cloud offerings including AWS, Azure and private cloud.
- Work closely with multiple Product Management and Sales Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve the cloud products and services.
- Diagnose and resolve customer problems with Codero Managed Cloud Platforms
- Engineer and implement new operations, productivity and investigation tools to increase efficiency and quality of cloud products and services.
- Work with the CTO and CNO to develop and further product plans with regard to Codero Managed Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology field of study, or equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of experience with public cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/GCP) in hands-on engineering work on customer or internal environments
- Has Subject Matter Expert level experience in several of the areas below:
- Platform (Azure/AWS)
- Productivity (Office 365)
- Business Apps (Dynamics)
- Identity Management
- Systems Management
- PaaS and dev platforms
- Demonstrated ability in the following:
- Experience with virtualization platforms and technology (VMWare, Windows Hyper-V, Xen)
- Experience with cloud storage, virtualization and networking systems
- Understanding and functional experience with SQL databases
- Strong network administration and troubleshooting skills;
- Good understanding of Linux system administration.
- Experience with automation and orchestration and CI apps (Ansible, Jenkins)
- Experience with containerization technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux or Windows systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols along the way.
- Understanding of web development protocols (i.e. HTML5, AJAX, XML, JSON, RFCs 2109/2965, 1945/2616).
- Functional knowledge of Python, PHP or Java.
- Core abilities of follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop innovative technical approaches as complete solutions to business problems and communicate the impact of solution options and long-term effects of decisions/solutions
- A passion for helping clients succeed in designing and developing modern technology solutions
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS**
- Amazon AWS Certified
- Microsoft Azure Certified
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016
- Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016
**We don't expect you to have experience with all of these, as long as you are willing to jump in & learn quickly**
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER