CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
Development | Austin, TX | Full Time
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
Codero Hosting provides dedicated, managed, cloud and hybrid hosting services to thousands of technology-dependent, small and medium sized businesses. Our customers trust us to provide datacenter infrastructure solutions that are reliable, responsive, scalable and simple. The hallmark of our approach lies in our uncompromising ability to offer exceptional service to every customer every time, all the time. We are continuously expanding and enhancing the portfolio of advanced hosting products, services and solutions that we provide our customers and are committed to supporting and enabling our channel partners and sales teams so that they are equipped to address the needs and requirements of their customers.
Codero Hosting is in search of a talented individual capable of leading its technical operations. The successful candidate will be a rare combination of credible technician and pragmatic business person, have a track record of prior success, and possess the ability and desire to grow as Codero grows.
The Position and Mission
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO), will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will be responsible for tactical execution and strategic development of the company’s technical development plan and product roadmap. The CTO will lead a team of software and system engineers and will have overall responsibility for the company’s internal and customer-facing systems development and maintenance efforts. The successful candidate will have significant prior experience in the hosting and cloud industries.
Tactical execution of company and development goals.
Implementation and Deployment:
- Establish and maintain IT services and back-office for the company
- Maintain and evolve the company’s software development methodology.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence.
- Ensure best practices for selected frameworks and help establish the initial architecture for applications.
- Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives, and assessing progress as needed.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage release processes and maintenances.
- Support the marketing process by providing technical details, value proposition, feature/benefit statements, cost/benefit analysis, implementation guidelines, and training to Sales and Marketing teams.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Develop and maintain Intellectual Property development pipeline to ensure proper trademarking and patent filing activities for protectable technology. Work directly with IP lawyers to develop proper filings, diagrams and prior art.
Strategy and Planning:
- In partnership with the company’s executives, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Establish processes that meet company expectations for compliance needs and customer information privacy.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Technical skills required for a position at this level and with the defined responsibilities.
- Possesses strong managerial skills.
- Analytical – with both technical and business fundamentals.
- Results oriented – manages to KPIs, and holds others accountable to performance.
- Flexible and adaptable – understands the art of “the pivot” and easily adapts to changing market or business conditions.
- Efficient at execution.
Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline is required. A Masters degree (or above) in one these fields is strongly recommended.
This role can operate out of either Codero’s Kansas City or Austin locations.