Systems Engineer for FAA sUAS Programs (Multiple Roles)
Product Management | Washington, DC | Full Time
Codefry, LLC is supporting the FAA's initiative to stand up new systems and capabilities for small UAS (sUAS) - commercial and recreational drones - operating in the NAS. The Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC) is one example of these new capabilities. Generally these FAA sUAS programs utilize cloud-based technologies that link FAA personnel and processes, commercial partners, and UAS pilots/operators and automate as many aspects as possible. Engineering activities support these programs with concept development, analysis, design, requirements, oversight of implementation, oversight of testing, monitoring, quality control, and ongoing improvements. Safety and security analyses also require expert engineering contributions. This position operates at the program office level, so the ability to communicate engineering alternatives, collaborate with various non-engineering stakeholders, and operate within shifting programmatic decision-making are all important skills.
- Contribute as tasked to define and manage cloud-based systems (software/infrastructure architectures) concepts, alternatives, analysis, and requirements.
- Analyze, write, and modify requirements varying from the business / operations level to the technical capability level.
- Define and manage cloud-based systems (software/infrastructure architectures) concepts, alternatives, analysis, and requirements.
- Track and troubleshoot software development pipeline prioritizing specific changes, monitor development effort, facilitate handoff to formal test, change management for builds, bugs, etc.
- Contribute to overseeing system deployment metrics, interacting with system users, etc.
- Contribute to design documents and presentations, specifically analysis and alternatives.
- Contribute to system documentation such as ConOps, Requirements, System Architectures, API Specifications, Test Plans, Evaluation Reports, etc.
- 0-6 (Junior level) and 6-15 (Mid Level) year of experience in systems engineering
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced team environment: master new information quickly, respond to direction shifts, manage knowns and unknowns, work with various types of colleagues (technical, management, operations, etc.).
- Particular experience/competence preferred with software systems, cloud infrastructure, databases, web-based systems and integration.
- Particular experience/competence preferred with commercial drones, UAS regulations, aviation.
- FAA experience preferable.
- Manage multiple initiatives.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, oral communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other Microsoft enterprise tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field required
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible work schedule with some teleworking (currently 100% remote due to COVID-19)
- Office conveniently located next to metro stop (Federal Center)