Special Projects | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect customers before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the role
In this role you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of tactical and strategic projects that are critical to the operations and long term growth of Coalition. Examples include leading strategic dialogue with our insurance partners; working with the team to bring new innovations to market; assisting in future financings, investment rounds, and M&A activity; international expansion efforts; and basically every other operational effort to help grow our business. In other words, BizOps meets CorpDev meets anything else you are up to handle. You will work at and with the executive level, and across all areas and teams in the company.
Accordingly, we are looking for a highly talented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment to join our team. Candidates should have excelled in a start-up environment or demonstrated top quartile performance in a management consulting, investment banking, or private equity environment. We’re looking for a proactive individual who takes ownership over initiatives and drives execution with limited oversight.
- Lead complex and time-critical projects by quickly understanding context and developing an analytical framework that leads to a prioritized approach for resolution
- Synthesize data to identify KPIs and trends that translate into actionable insights
- Execute advanced analytics / modeling (e.g., bottoms-up operating models, pricing)
- Drive market research and analyses
- Help diligence, negotiate, and execute transactions (e.g., vendors, partners, M&A)
- Effectively collaborate and communicate results and insights with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree. MBAs and those with advanced degrees are welcome to apply too.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management abilities combined with impeccable business judgment. Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives
- Experience developing complex analytical models in spreadsheets and using presentation software to facilitate communication with senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial, and value points with partners and internal Coalition teams
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
- We have lots of them. Check them out at careers.
San Francisco, CA. Candidates must be willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.