Senior People Ops Generalist/People Ops Manager
People and Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
The Senior People Ops Generalist/People Ops Manager is chartered with managing the day-to-day operations of the HR function in a high-growth start-up environment. This is a hands-on opportunity involved in many facets of HR. We are looking for a high-energy, thoughtful professional who can work at the granular, tactical, and big-picture levels. You are passionate about fostering a positive work culture and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
About The Role:
As the Senior People Ops Generalist / People Ops Manager you will oversee all facets of People Operations, including benefits administration, payroll, immigration, employee relations, Rewards and Recognition, LOA, and compliance, working in partnership with finance and other teams as needed. You will own employee onboarding, be the point of contact for employees with HR-related needs and will help create and implement D&I programs.
- Ensure phenomenal customer service is provided to all employees and managers
- Drive and participate in Employee Appreciation events and activities
- Conduct employee onboarding and new hire orientation; manage the employee off-boarding process, termination, and exit processes
- Oversee and execute the roll-out of company-wide initiatives, including employee communications, training, and safety topics
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Assist with the implementation and management of the performance management process, including evaluation cycles, manager coaching, and issue resolution
- Participate in all employee relations efforts
- Investigate, coach, recommend and guide resolutions with employees and people leaders
- Work with outside counsel as needed
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are up to date and aligned with current employment laws
- Stay current on HR technologies and seek ways to improve employee experience and administrative efficiency via technology
- Assist with the communication and rollout of HR programs and policies
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS degree in related field, SPHR or PHR
- Seven or more years of experience working in human resources is required, preferably with a broad scope of responsibilities
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth work environment is highly desired (start-up is a big plus)
- Experience supporting operational HR programs, utilizing a PEO, and processing payroll
- Experience supporting HR functions across multiple locations (US, Canada, Europe preferred)
- Benefit administration knowledge including managing benefit programs and enrollment
- Experience working with and optimizing HR platforms; ideally experience implementing HRIS
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Friendly, energetic and comfortable operating in a fluid environment
- Must exercise absolute discretion both inside and outside the company
- Willingness to do the needful – we have to be willing and positive about wearing a lot of hats!
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.