Business Development | SF / DC / Remote | Full Time
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect over 10,000 organizations (and growing) before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the role
The Partnerships role at Coalition is about building and maintaining relationships with strategic partners and their customers. In this role you would be leading and building partnerships with forward thinking organizations who are looking to integrate cyber insurance and cybersecurity into their products or marketplaces. We are looking for a seasoned professional who has experience forming large scale partnerships with large technology and SaaS companies, professional services organizations, financial institutions and payment processors, other insurance companies and alternative distribution partners, and other like-minded partners who would benefit from offering a solution for cyber risk to their customers. Coalition is already the preferred partner for many of the nation's largest professional associations, and one of the largest e-commerce platforms... come help us make Coalition's technology and insurance offerings even more ubiquitous.
- Open doors with key executives at strategic partners, and partner with Coalition executives to deliver compelling partnership opportunities
- Meet target quota of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s strategic partners including relationship building, product education and planning, and execution of partnership activities
- Own the ultimate outcome for partners’ satisfaction with Coalition’s products and services
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with partners about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Identify risks to our partners' achievement of their stated business goals, and offer resolutions
- Monitor performance and identify trends in Coalition adoption and utilization
- Minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience building strategic partnership programs with large corporations and intermediaries.
- Ability to travel and present Coalition's capabilities to strategic partners and potential customers.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Competitive, comfortable with financial goals.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Project management skills; experience coordinating with cross-functional teams and key executives
- Familiarity with insurance in general; with Cyber and Technology E&O (errors & omissions) insurance a plus
- Existing relationships with potential partners and alternative distribution sources.
- Familiarity with cyber security; a technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.