Partnership Business Development
Business Development | SF / DC / Remote | Full Time
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect customers before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the role
Business Development at Coalition at its core is about creating and maintaining relationships with our strategic partners and customers. We are looking for seasoned business development professionals to help us work with our key partners to develop a pipeline of large scale partnerships with other technology and SaaS, professional service, financial institution, insurance companies and alternative insurance distributors, and like minded partners to develop cyber solution programs. “Large scale partnerships” comprise offering technology and/or insurance solutions to entities who provide these solutions to their mass customer base.
- Meet target quota of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s strategic partners through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning, and execution
- Own the ultimate responsibility for brokers’ satisfaction with Coalition’s services
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with brokers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Identify risks to the brokers achieving their stated business goals and work to resolve
- Monitor performance and identify trends in Coalition adoption and utilization and provide guidance to brokers as part of their periodic Success Review
- Minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience selling strategic partnership programs to corporations and intermediaries.
- Ability to travel, and present the Coalition capabilities to strategic partners and potential customers.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Competitive, comfortable with financial goals.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Project management skills to coordinate with the Coalition Inc. team on meeting deliverables.
- Current P&C (property & casualty) license preferred, or within 90 days of starting with Coalition Inc.
- Familiarity with Cyber Liability and Technology E&O (errors & omissions) insurance
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners and alternative distribution sources.
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.thecoalition.com/careers
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.