Full Stack Software Engineer
Engineering | Austin, TX | Full Time
Coalition was founded by repeat entrepreneurs, Joshua Motta (Cloudflare) and John Hering (Lookout), with a mission to solve cyber risk. We believe that cyber risk is among the most pervasive risks facing society, and we've built the first holistic solution to it by combining free cyber security tools to help prevent loss, expert response to mitigate it, and up to $10M of insurance coverage to recover from it. Our technology platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, data scientists, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect customers before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, and Argo Group. Our customers are in every industry, and all across the US. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the Role
We are looking for a Mid-Level Full Stack Engineer who has the experience, ability, and proficiency to develop a fully automated customer platform to assist clients in understanding their security profile and posture. In this role you will be expected to serve as a bridge between existing products, security engineers, and multiple systems to help automate security analysis. You will also be expected to develop the APIs and user experience to provide an easily understood view into customer business infrastructure. You will help integrate existing insurance operations with automated security tradecraft analysis, develop meaningful user interfaces and REST APIs, and work to develop systems-at-scale to give better technical insights to our insureds and clients.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in computer science, information systems, or engineering.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Solid knowledge of Scrum, Kanban Agile development methodologies
- At least 4+ years of demonstrable experience with a server-side language (Go, Python, Java, C# etc.) and relevant associated libraries
- Expert knowledge in implementing RESTful web services
- Expert knowledge in containerization and docker/k8s based deployment strategies
- Experience in developing and maintaining front-end applications written in major frameworks such as ReactJS or Angular.
- Experience in implementing SQL and NoSQL database strategies using PostgreSQL/DynamoDB/Redis etc.
- Experience in implementing asynchronous processing pipelines and queueing strategies using RabbitMQ/Kafka or other similar technologies.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Overall Java and JVM knowledge for purposes of service integration (internal and external)
- Knowledge and operational experience with system architectures, including a demonstrable understanding of small/large-scale distributed systems, containerization, and a basic understanding of networking
- We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.thecoalition.com/careers
We are a distributed engineering team head-quartered in San Francisco. This opening is for our Austin based team.
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.