Front End Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $10M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect customers before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the role
None of the above happens without easy-to-use applications and well-built interfaces, and we’re looking for a talented front-end engineer to bring these experiences to life.
You will be Coalition’s third dedicated front-end engineer, with significant responsibility for building our web applications and helping us set the right development patterns. You’ll work closely with the backend engineering team to integrate existing REST APIs. Similarly, you’ll work with the product design team to iterate over wireframes and high-fidelity mockups, turning prototypes into polished products.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of web programming: expertise in HTML5/CSS/JS
- Knowledge of other useful web technologies: Redux, Webpack, ES6, Flow, Jest, etc.
- Experience building user-facing products and working on UX/UI problems
- Experience building data visualizations with d3.js or a similar library
- Understanding of HTTP / REST security concepts, to include common vulnerabilities
- Understanding of cybersecurity domain: network protocols, risk mitigation, etc.
- Familiarity with Git workflow, and current backend choices: Flask, Python 3.6, Postgres
Coalition hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are a semi-distributed team, with the majority in San Francisco, using Slack, Confluence, Git, Google Suite, and more for development and communication. We prefer that you be in San Francisco, but are open to a team member with demonstrated ability to succeed remotely.