Finance, Accounting, and Operations
Special Projects | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Coalition was founded by repeat entrepreneurs, Joshua Motta (Cloudflare) and John Hering (Lookout), with a mission to solve cyber risk. We believe that cyber risk is among the most pervasive risks facing society, and we've built the first holistic solution to it by combining free cyber security tools to help prevent loss, expert response to mitigate it, and up to $10M of insurance coverage to recover from it. Our technology platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, data scientists, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect customers before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, and Argo Group. Our customers are in every industry, and all across the US. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment to join our accounting and operations team. This role will work closely with sales, finance, and operations to build and manage scalable processes and infrastructure in the accounting and compliance functions. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience analyzing data from disparate sources, identifying and solving problems, and collaborating with internal and external teams. We’re looking for a proactive individual who takes ownership over initiatives, and who wants to build and implement best practices from the ground up.
- Own and maintain all accounting functions within Coalition including transaction and invoice processing, expenses, monthly close, account reconciliation, and P&L reporting
- Manage and comply with surplus lines tax filings, state and federal compliance documentation, and insurance licensing
- Develop, maintain, and implement scalable accounting and compliance operational processes
- Assist with forecasting, budgeting, expense management, and audits
- Communicate with internal and external customers, and respond timely to inquiries
- Support external tax advisors on preparation of federal and state income tax returns; manage other tax requirements and compliance
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA Preferred
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication capabilities, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact coherently and efficiently with various functions
- Resourceful, ambitious, and desire to operate in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Extensive and advanced Excel skills
- Prior experience with Quickbooks Online a plus
- We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.thecoalition.com/careers
San Francisco, CA. Candidates must be willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Coalition is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.