Engineering Manager - Growth
Engineering | SF / DC / Remote | Full Time
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect over 10,000 organizations (and growing) before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it), we hope you'll consider joining us!
About the role
Coalition is looking for a proven leader that can build a team that owns integrations, tooling and analytics for growth initiatives. You are a perfect fit for the role if you have a track record of building and managing a growth engineering team that handles all aspects of growth campaigns and experiments. This job is a hands-on management role and will challenge your data analytics and front end development skills, along with your leadership abilities. As the first position in Growth Engineering, the successful candidate will be involved in building out their team.
This role reports into the Engineering department.
- Hire and inspire a highly effective growth engineering team
- Work closely with the growth and product teams to explore and define Growth OKRs. Be a true partner in roadmap planning and prioritization.
- Support the growth team with hands-on individual contributions
- Develop data pipelines and tooling to support growth initiatives
- Work with the engineering teams to implement and measure growth experiments
- Generate consumer insights to identify shortcomings and to create new experiences working closely with product.
- Evangelize the adoption of experimentation best practices across the entire company.
- Work with the Data team on the development of predictive models for things like churn and cross product adoption.
- Partner with the growth team to understand member behaviors, needs, and preferences, establishing consistent tracking, KPIs, dashboards and share actionable insights.
- Work closely with engineering teams to identify and address tracking, tooling and infrastructure challenges
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a quantitative discipline, (Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, etc.)
- 4+ years of increasingly responsible experience in customer analytics leadership roles, preferably within a high-growth environment
- Proven leadership skills recruiting, mentoring and leading high performing organizations, including managing engineers
- Exceptional problem solving, and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- Proven ability to define, track, and communicate KPIs related to growth and engagement
- Deep understanding of A/B testing and experimentation; experience with designing, analyzing A/B tests, and driving a test-driven culture across engineering, product and growth teams
- Solid understanding of the tools used in growth engineering including ETL technologies, data visualization and reporting systems, and analytics tracking techniques
- Expertise with data manipulation technologies and languages such as SQL, R, Python
- Expertise with modern front-end development frameworks, preferably React
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for business audiences
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly know what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity
- Data visualization experience with any of the following tools: Looker, Amplitude, Tableau, R/Python packages etc.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS or other cloud-hosted platforms relevant to growth engineering
- We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.thecoalition.com/careers
We are a semi-distributed team headquartered in San Francisco. This position will be in the San Francisco office.
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Coalition is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.