Director of HR
People and Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect over 10,000 organizations (and growing) before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it), we hope you'll consider joining us!
About the Role:
Coalition is looking for an experienced Director of HR with outstanding people skills to lead our People initiatives. You will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of all HR personnel administrative matters, as well as drive programs, processes and tools to support team growth and professional development.
We are seeking a self-motivated, data-driven and collaborative leader who is passionate about fostering a positive work culture and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This individual should have experience in and be excited about supporting our rapidly growing, globally distributed team.
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another.
- Oversee development and implementation of corporate policies, hiring plans, compensation framework, benefits, and training programs
- Manage day-to-day HR processes, including payroll & benefits administration, on-boarding and off-boarding, and reporting for Coalition employees in the US, Canada and Europe
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws
- Support employee retention, employee relations management, performance management, and career development
- Collaborate with business partners and recruiting team to attract and retain the best talent to Coalition
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7+ years of experience in an HR function
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the HR field, including an understanding of federal, state, and local employment regulations
- Experience building out HR functions and teams
- Experience supporting HR functions across multiple global locations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner
- Ability to think and act strategically and tactically, multi-task, follow through on projects in a timely manner, and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.