Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect over 10,000 organizations (and growing) before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it), we hope you'll consider joining us.
About The Role:
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Officer to support the growth of our insurance business. This individual will oversee Coalition’s internal and regulatory compliance programs, and will develop, implement, and maintain policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure the company adheres to the requirements of all applicable laws and regulations, industry standards, and risk management practices. This role will support and advise finance, operations, insurance, and technology business partners in the evaluation and development of effective compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements. A successful candidate must have outstanding communication and leadership skills, anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and manage a wide range of projects.
- Establish, implement, and manage compliance policies, procedures, and monitoring throughout the organization to ensure that the compliance program is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting non-compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory developments, and interpret and apply them across Coalition’s business
- Provide guidance to management and employees on ethics, business conduct, and compliance matters including the development and oversight of compliance training programs
- Oversee and implement testing programs to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls; develop periodic reporting on test results
- Own corporate-wide compliance metrics and utilize data to support testing efforts and risk assessment
- Oversee third-party examinations and audits; ensure that information requests from insurance carrier partners, auditors, and regulators are completed accurately and on-time
- 7+ years of insurance experience, with extensive background in a compliance, risk management or legal role, preferably with an MGA or insurance carrier in property and casualty insurance
- Significant experience with initiating, developing, implementing and maintaining written policies and written procedures, testing and risk assessment programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance laws and regulations, risk management controls, internal control processes, as well as experience overseeing internal and external audits
- Experience in driving compliance and operational controls applicable to economic sanctions, anti-money laundering, privacy, conflicts of interest, code of conduct, anti-corruption, anti-trust, anti-boycott, insider trading and records management
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner
- Ability to think and act strategically and tactically, multi-task, follow through on projects in a timely manner, and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) are a plus
- We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.