Business Development - Seattle
Business Development | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect customers before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it) we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the role
Business Development at Coalition is about creating and maintaining relationships with our brokerage partners and customers. We are looking for seasoned business development professionals in Boston, Seattle, and Orlando to help us develop and empower the success of our partners by matching Coalition’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities with a broker’s business goals.
- Develop new agency relationships from inbound leads and strategic outreach
- Identify target agencies for new outbound campaigns
- Meet target quota of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s broker partners through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning, and execution
- Own the ultimate responsibility for brokers’ satisfaction with Coalition’s services
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with brokers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Identify risks to the brokers achieving their stated business goals and work to resolve
- Monitor performance and identify trends in Coalition adoption and utilization and provide guidance to brokers as part of their periodic Success Review
- Minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience selling commercial insurance
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Current P&C (property & casualty) license
- Familiarity with Cyber Liability and Technology E&O (errors & omissions) insurance
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- We have lots of them. Check them out at https://www.thecoalition.com/careers
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.