SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST
Accounting | Greenwood Village, CO | Full Time
Senior Financial Analyst
City Light & Power (CLP) is a company at the forefront of the modern-day electric utility industry. We support the Federal Government in the area of military installations and their electrical distribution systems, as well as with local municipalities in the area of street lighting systems. At CLP, we are constantly searching for the right talent to join our diverse team of professionals. Today we are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst for our Corporate Office.
Reports to: CFO
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning and analysis for CLP. This includes the annual Budget, periodic reforecasts, and ongoing analysis and reporting. The position reports directly to the CFO and manages a Financial Analyst.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the annual budget process
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance
- Detailed understanding of variations in business and understanding of underlying causes
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting against budget
- Financial analysis and tracking for major projects
- Oversee Financial Analyst responsible for job cost accounting
- Identify and implement efficiencies in recurring work
- Other duties as assigned
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant experience required
- Finance or Accounting degree required
- CPA preferred
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Extensive experience with budgeting software. Prior experience with Prophix is a plus
- Detail oriented and works with high degree of accuracy
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time exempt position. Office hours of work are Monday through Friday
- Some travel may be required
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
To learn more and apply visit our website at www.clpinc.com
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.