Accounting | Greenwood Village, CO | Full Time
City Light & Power (CLP) is a company at the forefront of the modern-day electric utility industry. We support the Federal Government in the area of military installations and their electrical distribution systems, as well as with local municipalities in the area of street lighting systems. At CLP, we are persistently searching for the right talent to join our diverse team of professionals. Today we are looking for a Payroll Coordinator for our Corporate Office.
Reports to: Sr. Accounting Manager
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
City Light & Power is looking for a skilled Payroll Coordinator who thrives on payroll deadlines and the attention to detail required to process weekly and biweekly payrolls in multiple states. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience processing payroll and at least a year in processing Union payroll. This person will be someone who can execute multiple tasks, takes pride in what they do, will be eager to help, welcoming, organized, detail oriented and can easily adapt in a growing environment. You will be an integral part in ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting our field operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process multi-state weekly and bi-weekly payroll, for union employees
- Serve as liaison between employees and the Payroll department
- Manage the preparation of payroll documents (garnishments, direct deposits, W-2’s, state withholding forms)
- Performs support and administrative tasks associated with Payroll and Human Resources
- Act as subject matter expert for the payroll and timekeeping systems
- Maintain database for new hire, tax, terminations, status, etc. timely every pay period
- Process all wage attachments ensuring compliance with current laws
- Prepare monthly union dues and benefit invoices
- Maintain appropriate personnel files for employees
- Reconcile wages, taxes and related payroll items between accounting software (Spectrum) and payroll software.
- Enter hours into accounting software
- Perform related accounting tasks including journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of payroll experience required
- 1+ year of Union Payroll experience preferred
- Experience with payroll job costing preferred
- Understanding of FLSA, Wage and Hour guidelines and payroll law required
- Understanding of Union Dues preferred
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented and works with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask and meet challenging deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time non-exempt position. Office hours of work are Monday through Friday.
- No Travel Required
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
To learn more and apply visit our website at www.clpinc.com
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.