GENERAL MAINTENANCE WORKER (GROUNDMAN)
Field | Keesler AFB, MS | Full Time
City Light & Power is looking for General Maintenance Worker (Groundman) to join our crew at Keesler Air Force Base. CLP guarantees 40 hours of work every week, requires personnel to be on call (rotation based).
General Maintenance Worker shall work under the supervision of Crew Supervisor and Maintenance Electrical Worker and shall assist as directed in the performance of their work which includes the operation of jack-hammers, man hauls, and the loading and unloading of materials and equipment, and may use hand-mechanized tools to assist tower and pole assembly. Shall assist the Crew Supervisor and Maintenance Electrical Worker with the framing and erecting of poles, making, installing, and pulling guys and assembling and erecting fixtures. General Maintenance Worker may operate pick-up trucks and light flatbed trucks, trucks used to service trucks and equipment on distribution and transmission lines. General Maintenance Workers may drive bucket trucks, line trucks, and light trucks on the job and operate additional equipment if qualified to do so, may operate equipment, such as digger derrick, underdog and tensioner as needed.
Will be required to respond to emergency callouts, and remote assignment, to restore electrical service as needed, which may involve working in different adverse weather conditions to restore service.
Excellent benefits including paid holiday, vacation, sick, personal days, 401K and Health Insurance.
Work Authorization/Union Requirements/Security Clearance:
- General Maintenance Worker A has a minimum of eighteen (18) months of electrical helper experience.
- General Maintenance Worker B has no electrical helper experience. Advancement to Level A will occur after eighteen (18) months and threethousand (3000) hours worked and a demonstration of proficiency in all aspects of the work.
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship,
- Become signatory to local union IBEW 903 and pay IBEW 903’s required dues.
- Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A) Required
CLP is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Type: Full-time