ELECTRICAL ENGINEER II - MAINTENANCE
Engineering | Greenwood Village, CO | Full Time
Company Name: City Light & Power, Inc.
Job Title: Engineer II – Power Systems Maintenance
Compensation Range: $75,000 - $80,000*
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable, and responsive private utility development leader in the industry. CLP is seeking qualified candidates with 2+ years of Engineering/Utility Industry experience related to the maintenance engineering of electrical distribution and substations.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to expand and build your power engineering career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Possess and maintain knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and standards related to utility power distribution systems maintenance.
- Develop/update electrical substations and distribution system maintenance/testing standards and guidelines.
- Assist with implementation of preventative maintenance programs that adhere to latest industry standards and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Develop detailed plans and procedures for routine testing and maintenance of electrical apparatuses found in sub-transmission, substations, and distribution systems.
- Design and implement recording keeping database system to capture all test reports, inspections, and performance data for key electrical assets that can be used for analysis and preventative maintenance planning.
- Analyze electrical apparatus test reports, field inspection data, and other performance data to identify performance status and life-cycle assessment of key electrical assets. Propose maintenance or replacement plans based on the technical analysis of the data.
- Develop concept alternatives, engineering calculations, analysis, and engineering estimates for maintenance and testing efforts for substations and distribution systems.
- Perform field surveys and condition assessments of major electrical assets/systems to identify maintenance deficiencies and present plans to address them to CLP management.
- Review existing system record drawings such as O&M manuals, blueprints, as-builts, training logs etc. and identify any deficiencies that are impacting proper operations and maintenance of the electrical apparatuses.
- Utilize GIS database to track and analyze field maintenance, testing, and inspections activities for large-scale electrical distribution systems.
- Keep up to date with utility industry standards and codes. Enforce and maintain all applicable standards and codes for our O&M, replacement/renewal, and new installations.
- Analyze electrical fault events, power quality issues, system loading scenarios and assist CLP crew to implement corrective actions.
- Maintain working knowledge of power system protection and relaying schemes for electrical distribution system.
- Review and comment on system upgrade projects scope and specifications from a maintenance and testing prospective.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree from accredited university with emphasis in power systems.
- 2+ years of working experience in electrical utility industry.
- Working knowledge and experience in design, maintenance, and operations of electrical apparatuses found in sub-transmission systems, substations, switching stations, and complex commercial/industrial power distribution systems.
- Familiar in medium voltage electrical substations and distribution system.
- Familiar in power system analysis, distribution system modeling, and protective device coordination.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
- Up to 10-20% out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Work Authorization and Clearance:
- You must be a U.S. citizen. Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position. Valid driver's license and ability to travel required.
Benefits & Compensation:
- CLP offers an excellent benefits package including; health, dental, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
To learn more visit our website at www.clpinc.com
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
*we reserve the right to pay more or less than the posted range based on factors unrelated to sex