Technical Project Manager
Customer Success | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Come and be a part of something great! CloudGenix is a high-growth startup, in an incredibility hot market called, Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN). We are looking for high-energy, smart and talented people to join our growing team.
CloudGenix has a differentiated SD-WAN solution that gives our customers an entirely new way to build their WAN- one that is defined by applications and business priorities instead of packets and protocols. As a result, our customers achieve more than twice the performance at less than half the cost.
“This Networking Tech Could Erode Cisco’s Dominance” Fortune by Jonathan Vanian
CloudGenix 2015 “Cool Vendor” in Enterprise Networking. Gartner Inc.
More from analysts and press at cloudgenix.com
Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: USA - Home Office
CloudGenix has an immediate opening for an experienced Technical Project Manager at various locations. The ideal candidate has worked on enterprise customer project implementations and is able to perform Project Management duties, including task management, status report generation, issue tracking, and stakeholder communication, for 15-20 simultaneous projects. The candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Managing assigned projects using proven methodology, tools, and templates.
• Coordinating the efforts of the project team (account managers, practice managers, resource managers, pre- and delivery engineers, client representatives) – drive the team toward a successful project completion
• Creating and maintaining project schedules, status reports, action item logs, and issue logs with Accelo or other Project Management software.
• Facilitating both internal and customer facing meetings; submit meeting minutes and track action items to completion in Confluence or other Project Management software.
• Ensure quality project standards are met as prescribed by the Consulting Services Manager or VP of Engineering through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables.
• Understanding how and when to escalate project issues
• Providing weekly forecast information for assigned projects
• Maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
• Communicate effectively with customers, sales staff, engineers, and executive staff.
• A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data center components (networks, storage, virtualization, servers, power) and/or Microsoft enterprise technology products
• 7 or more years’ experience managing infrastructure projects, preferably as part of a VAR and/or Professional Services organization
• 7 or more years’ experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and the Microsoft Office Suite, or equivalent cloud-based software
• Experience managing IT projects with personal accountability for delivering on time and within budget for large, complex projects varying from 2 to 12 months in duration
• Experience forecasting project revenue and facilitating service billing for projects
• Analytical and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
• Strong team working skills across client, supplier and geographically dispersed teams
• Leader in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- will be expected to lead most calls with customers to keep the dialogue going
• ITIL Foundation and/or PMP certification is a plus
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to travel occasionally with the project team
• Work from home office and/or some days in the CloudGenix office if applicable